Bruno Peres

Just seen that vid CItyWatch posted. Albeit it's one video, bloody 'ell. Alaba style that. Sign him up. Just what we need.

Quick enough to stop us getting getting constantly caught on the counter (Vis- a vis, last season).... Really?

Poor Fernando was like King Kanute at times last season, continually left completely alone to battle heroically against raging incoming tides
Our system is what will limit counters, not the quickness of individual players. But that said, Dihno is about top end in quickness for a CM. Not too many are quicker.

Quick enough to stop us getting getting constantly caught on the counter (Vis- a vis, last season).... Really?

Poor Fernando was like King Kanute at times last season, continually left completely alone to battle heroically, though ultimatly in vain, against constant raging incoming tides

Ugh, I'm going to do it.. I'm going to be yet another twat quoting Pep confidential.. Fuck it.

Finding a solid solution to counter attacks was one of Peps main jobs at Bayern. Rapid and accurate counter attacks are a trademark of the Bundesliga. There is quite a bit in the book about the whole system used to severely reduce the risk of being caught, involving a line high enough that is definitely going to scare the shit out of fans. But there is also a stat in there about the amount of counters Bayern ended up conceding once they got the system down, and it was extreeeemely low. If I can be bothered I'll dig it out and find it. Needless to say it's not going to be down to just Fernandinho playing superman anymore, so we shouldn't worry. That's not to say he wont prioritize another system if he feels the main dangers of the Premier league are different to the Bundesliga, but we'll see. Having players who are fast as fuck will never hurt though in any case.

not a clarkie and i no we will keep him but just a bit pissed off we seem to be buying players then loaning them out or looking to nuy to loan ot moreno,zinchenko,mooney,roberts

We don't keep doing it though.

We've bought Roberts and Unal so far. Roberts was kept with the team for 6 months because they hoped he was ready, obviously not, Unal couldn't get a work permit.

Zinchenko is going into the first team, unless he and his agent have been outright lied to.

Mooy, Lejeune, Sobrino, Caceres and Brattan are just not City signings. You just have to separate them off as CFG signings.

Moreno is one of the best talents in South America but hasn't signed yet.

So its 2 players we've "speculated" on, although could be three, and Roberts shouldn't really count because they tried to integrate him immediately, probably would if not for his injury and Pellegrini's overly cautious approach.

Hardly Chelsea's 30 player loan army is it?

Fact is, every top club does it now. Barcelona do it, Real Madrid do it, Bayern set up deals in advance so they stay at the current club but commit their future to Bayern.

It's the way of the world now and is doing it with 2 players isn't keeping me up at night. We are clearly doing it because they should go into our first team, not like Chelsea who have no intention of bringing most of them in.

Ugh, I'm going to do it.. I'm going to be yet another twat quoting Pep confidential.. Fuck it.

Finding a solid solution to counter attacks was one of Peps main jobs at Bayern. Rapid and accurate counter attacks are a trademark of the Bundesliga. There is quite a bit in the book about the whole system used to severely reduce the risk of being caught, involving a line high enough that is definitely going to scare the shit out of fans. But there is also a stat in there about the amount of counters Bayern ended up conceding once they got the system down, and it was extreeeemely low. If I can be bothered I'll dig it out and find it. Needless to say it's not going to be down to just Fernandinho playing superman anymore, so we shouldn't worry. That's not to say he wont prioritize another system if he feels the main dangers of the Premier league are different to the Bundesliga, but we'll see. Having players who are fast as fuck will never hurt though in any case.
I'm glad he went to the Bundesliga before us tbh. It's an easier transition to the prem as it's a lot closer to the prem style than La Liga so he'll have learnt some very useful things there applicable here too.

Can't bloody wait.

Wasn't it his first season when they played us in the CL at our place where they were already passing around us all game for fun? Think they won 3-1? Obviously they were CL champions at that point so different story to here, but we were in top form then too. Point is, he seemed to have the mainframe of his system down by around October with them so hopefully it won't be a long transition until we start playing it well.

You mean we'll be playing an even higher line than Pellers favoured.... All season!! F*ck me!! my heart won't stand it. I'll be pushing up the daisies by January.

You mean we'll be playing an even higher line than Pellers favoured.... All season!! F*ck me!! my heart won't stand it. I'll be pushing up the daisies by January.

There's a big difference in the two. Pellegrini played an offside trap on the 18 yard box without pressing the ball. That's what killed us for the most part. Pep won't do that. He'll play a high line, but when we lose the ball the midfielders will press to try to get it back while the wingers track back. The CB's will have to be quick though.

Im most excited about this signing than any other we make if we get him, will make a nice change having a fullback with real pace!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.