Bruno Peres

Yes he is. He makes lots of silly decision. But he is a thousand times more skilled than Kolarov, a thousand times faster, and about 2ice as good at ball retention. But just like Kolarov he takes silly shots like the one that went in against Juve, but didn't against Sassuolo and others, and he so.wtimes dribbles into culdesacs like Adam Johnson used to do back in the day.

But what he brings is a legitimate threat to start a counterattack in the blink of an eye, the dribbling abilities and speed threat that forces players to back off him and creates the passing lanes to continue possession and loads of energy.

That's why I was raving about him months ago when most didn't think he was worth a mention.

Our possession capacity and our pressure is what's going to fix our defense. Not any individual defender or group of defenders for that matter.

In fact, the way I see it, it's our strikers midfielders and wingers who'd need to up their game defensively. Our defenders are probably going to have an easier time doing their jobs. Granted you can't be shit, but you wouldn't need to be running around playing hwro quenching fires all over the field.

By the way, it's the reason why I think Zichencho ens up becoming our leftback too.
Most players with pace and a bit of skill will be good in peps team as he like players to close the ball down and recover possession .if he signs we have pace all over the team

Is this a clarkie?

Close on 20mil for a 26 year old full back and you wonder if we'll loan him out?????

Fucking pmsl.

not a clarkie and i no we will keep him but just a bit pissed off we seem to be buying players then loaning them out or looking to nuy to loan ot moreno,zinchenko,mooney,roberts

not a clarkie and i no we will keep him but just a bit pissed off we seem to be buying players then loaning them out or looking to nuy to loan ot moreno,zinchenko,mooney,roberts

You loan players so they an gain experience and develop as footballers. I don't know who Mooney is and we haven't signed Moreno yet.

Not in centre mid, we don't... Needed urgently.

I don't see pace in the CM positions needed as much as possession skills to be honest. Pep's teams play rather compact. The pace is needed in the CB's and the wingers tracking back for balls over the top. Having Peres and his pace would also help break up counters.

DeBryune? Fernandihno?
Quick enough to stop us getting getting constantly caught on the counter (Vis- a vis, last season).... Really?

Poor Fernando was like King Kanute at times last season, continually left completely alone to battle heroically, though ultimatly in vain, against constant raging incoming tides

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.