Bruno Peres

There's a big difference in the two. Pellegrini played an offside trap on the 18 yard box without pressing the ball. That's what killed us for the most part. Pep won't do that. He'll play a high line, but when we lose the ball the midfielders will press to try to get it back while the wingers track back. The CB's will have to be quick though.

The Pellegrini offside trap was the death of us. I actually couldn't quite believe how we got caught out time and time again playing the the offside trap and Pellegrini didn't have the brains to correct his own flawed methods.

I have no doubt Guardiola will bring success to this football club and his philosophy compared to Pellegrinis will be a million miles better.

I can't say I have ever seen this guy play besides watching him on YouTube, but my god he looks pure filth on YouTube.

I don't ever go off YouTube to judge a player, but his very long highlight reels can't help but make you feel excited. He looks very very exciting.

The Pellegrini offside trap was the death of us. I actually couldn't quite believe how we got caught out time and time again playing the the offside trap and Pellegrini didn't have the brains to correct his own flawed methods.

I have no doubt Guardiola will bring success to this football club and his philosophy compared to Pellegrinis will be a million miles better.
The "trick" that every team worked out was that we always used the edge of the box for our line, time your run knowing where the edge of the box was and chances are you'd break the trap.

The "trick" that every team worked out was that we always used the edge of the box for our line, time your run knowing where the edge of the box was and chances are you'd break the trap.
It wasnt beaten that often, we were good at it, only problem actually was we relied on linesmen getting very tight decisions right and often they didnt. Demechelis was especially good at martialling it.

It wasnt beaten that often, we were good at it, only problem actually was we relied on linesmen getting very tight decisions right and often they didnt. Demechelis was especially good at martialling it.

Hart bailed is out a lot as well, and Fernandinho recognising someone was gonna beat it and scrambling back.

It was the lack of pressure on the ball which made it not work. If you had a player chasing down the guy on the ball, the trap worked.

But when we stood off players, giving them all the time to look up and time the pass to
Their forwards and midfielders runs, it was embarrassingly bad.

The problem with the whole thing was that even if you're well drilled at the stepping up (which admittedly a fair amount of the time we were) you're still going to have the odd occasion in most games where the linesman lets you down and the odd occasion in most games where for whatever reason be it not pressing the ball or someone just timing their run really well that the opposition legitimately beat the trap and on most of those occasions it is going to lead to a one on one. IMO genuinely good defensive systems don't see you giving the opposition a couple of one on ones even when you're carrying out the plan well. I know some people liked it and still see it as one of our strengths under pellegrini, personally I fucking hated it and thought it caused way more problems than it solved. I still don't understand the mentality of paying 30+ million quid for defenders and then relying on someone getting paid peanuts to get tight calls right for your system to work. And there was the odd game where it fell apart and when it did we seemed unable to fall back on basic defending like we had become so reliant on stepping up that we'd forgotten how to defend. It was awful.

we need to get this done asap. torino need to stop being ridiculous here... who else is after him?

Though I can't profess to have ever seen him play, his name sounds impressive.

What's the latest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.