Bruno Peres

Not extremely overwhelmed with what I've seen so far of this kid, seems a bit too keen on keeping the ball. But, in Pep I trust.

I'd absolutely HATE to be a left sided opponent having to deal with Peres and Sane.

Fixed* for you mate

*Hopefully

Looks a fun sort of player to watch and would, I imagine, quickly become a fan favourite. Quick decent passer and seems to live for running with the ball but probably not the most defensively sound full back out there.

Looks a fun sort of player to watch and would, I imagine, quickly become a fan favourite. Quick decent passer and seems to live for running with the ball but probably not the most defensively sound full back out there.

To be fair Dani Alves has never been a good defender but he's an incredibly good RB.

I think with Pep the defensive structure and organisation is more important than any 1v1 ability in defence and it's the biggest difference we'll see.

Pellegrini's defence was entirely based around individuals, mostly the 2 CBs, making big interventions before attacks could develop and everyone else had to simply keep an 18 yard offside line.

Pep is going to have the entire team working as a unit in defence.

I think Peres will be great fun, but you know there's gonna be some grumpy bastards complaining about him if he tries one too many tricks.

To be fair Dani Alves has never been a good defender but he's an incredibly good RB.

I think with Pep the defensive structure and organisation is more important than any 1v1 ability in defence and it's the biggest difference we'll see.

Pellegrini's defence was entirely based around individuals, mostly the 2 CBs, making big interventions before attacks could develop and everyone else had to simply keep an 18 yard offside line.

Pep is going to have the entire team working as a unit in defence.

I think Peres will be great fun, but you know there's gonna be some grumpy bastards complaining about him if he tries one too many tricks.
Didn't understand the point about different defensive structure under Pellegrini and Pep. Pellegrini had the off-side trap drilled to more or less perfection. That involves the back 4 moving as a unit. In what way will the defensive structure under Pep differ? You are suggesting some structure other than personnel, numbers? I don't see what else a defensive unit can do other than to maintain a shape.

He's only just 26, lightning quick and can beat a man all for less than 18 million GBP. Sounds like a very interesting addition. Can he deliver a decent cross?

Didn't understand the point about different defensive structure under Pellegrini and Pep. Pellegrini had the off-side trap drilled to more or less perfection. That involves the back 4 moving as a unit. In what way will the defensive structure under Pep differ? You are suggesting some structure other than personnel, numbers? I don't see what else a defensive unit can do other than to maintain a shape.

Distance to goal was the big change Pep made at Bayern, and the main reason other teams seem to be pressed easily against Pep's teams is because he squeezes the pitch. Expect to see our CB's at the half way line, midfielders pressing so the opposition players cant get their head up to play a ball over the top. Thats why even players we deemed 'lazy' last year will be part of a tight defensive system this year that starts higher up the pitch.

Last year we backed off to the edge of our box applying no pressure to the oppo as they came forward, to then press at the edge of our own box and play the offside when the forward pass came, teams started working it out last year with runners from deep.

It will be a big change this year if he tries what he's done at Barca and Bayern.

He's only just 26, lightning quick and can beat a man all for less than 18 million GBP. Sounds like a very interesting addition. Can he deliver a decent cross?

When he isn't running with it and trying to beat players, he seems a decent passer and crosser. In a few clips I saw he seemed to be playing on the left as well as the right. Maybe can play both sides.

Distance to goal was the big change Pep made at Bayern, and the main reason other teams seem to be pressed easily against Pep's teams is because he squeezes the pitch. Expect to see our CB's at the half way line, midfielders pressing so the opposition players cant get their head up to play a ball over the top. Thats why even players we deemed 'lazy' last year will be part of a tight defensive system this year that starts higher up the pitch.

Last year we backed off to the edge of our box applying no pressure to the oppo as they came forward, to then press at the edge of our own box and play the offside when the forward pass came, teams started working it out last year with runners from deep.

It will be a big change this year if he tries what he's done at Barca and Bayern.
Will need pace in the back line and athletic midfield to play that way. I'd like to see City play that way.

We'll also see the entire team involved in pressing either on the ball or cutting off passing lanes. Under Pellegrini it very much felt like the back 4 defended and others tracked back and pitched in, rather than defending being an operation involving everyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.