Bruno Peres

Why wouldn't you? Our success in the transfer market is relative to the success of our competition. And my point is that our main targets e.g. Kroos and Bonucci are deals that will take a lot of effort and aren't easy to pull off, haggling over 2M just wastes time and resources.
Very true about our success being relative to that of our competitors. But someone at the club will have decided that £100m is too much for Pogba and someone may have decided that our offer for Peres is high enough (or it may be posturing). That may have a bearing on our success in the transfer market relative to our competition. It may just be that Roma are the ones who are being played and don't even know it, who knows.

This is why some fans like talking about finances. That extra £2m may be pivotal to one of the 'bigger' transfers you refer to...who knows how much we have to spend and how tight the margins are? Personally, I don't give a toss how much we spend but I'm glad there are people at the club who do.

We already have a great team,you seem to forget that,they buy a 35yr old has been and you wet your knickers lol,i'm out

We have a good team with a lot of deadwood. Guys like Nasri, Yaya, Aleks, Bony, Navas (as much as I love him) don't fill me with optimism. We knows if Spanish Dave will be back to his best or whether Sterling has the potential to be a top player. Zlatan is a goalscorer and I rate Mkhitaryan almost as highly as Ginger Kev. Bringing Pogba in would cement them as title favourites IMO and that isn't something I want to happen. I want us to grab our targets as soon as possible so Pep can work with them immediately because it's going to be a tough season ahead and we need to be as prepared as possible.

Yes, and they've sign Ibra, Bailey, Mkhtariyan and may well sign Pogba soon. It's frustrating seeing us haggle about 2M when we have yet to negotiate with Madrid, Juve, Schalke, Everton etc which may well drag on. We wasted time with the Sterling deal and pretty much paid the asking price. We really haven't got the time to be messing around over 2M if we really want to get all of our main targets.

So they've signed a guy who was out of contract so had no negotiation over a fee with a club. They've signed a player from Dortmund, we've also signed a player from Dortmund who's better and at a cheaper price. They've paid the release clause (thus vastly overpaying) for Bailly, so again little to no negotiation going on, and United have confirmed they've got pretty much nowhere in terms of negotiation with Juve.

Hardly a quick negotiation masterclass.

So they've signed a guy who was out of contract so had no negotiation over a fee with a club. They've signed a player from Dortmund, we've also signed a player from Dortmund who's better and at a cheaper price. They've paid the release clause (thus vastly overpaying) for Bailly, so again little to no negotiation going on, and United have confirmed they've got pretty much nowhere in terms of negotiation with Juve.

Hardly a quick negotiation masterclass.

I'm not saying they've displayed a masterclass in negotiations but they've managed to acquire their targets thus far. Pogba is still a long way away but it's out of our hands now. We've got to focus on ourselves in either eventuality regarding Pogba. Haggling over 2M wastes time and is a principle thing when clubs already know we'll pay the fee eventually as evidenced with the Sterling saga. We are going to have tougher constumers on the table and getting the likes of Peres, Rulli or a LB are imperative if we are to stand a chance to signing all of our main targets come September.

Hi mate...I dont think its "hate" for the player...I actually think he can be a good defender in the right system but asking him to fit into "Pep's system" is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole....it just not going to work! Rumours were we already tried to loan him out last summer when we signed Ota and we've shown serious interest in 3 CB's so far this year...clearly Pep/Txiki have the same concerns as some of the fans....its just whether we can find the replacements we need during the transfer window....

Or maybe Pep has decided not to assume Vinnie will be available to him as required and Denayer is not yet ready

I'm not saying they've displayed a masterclass in negotiations but they've managed to acquire their targets thus far. Pogba is still a long way away but it's out of our hands now. We've got to focus on ourselves in either eventuality regarding Pogba. Haggling over 2M wastes time and is a principle thing when clubs already know we'll pay the fee eventually as evidenced with the Sterling saga. We are going to have tougher constumers on the table and getting the likes of Peres, Rulli or a LB are imperative if we are to stand a chance to signing all of our main targets come September.

we don't do things 1 at a time you know. I'd rather our club perform its duty in negotiations than neglect them like United and willingly overpay, handing control of their future and destiny to others with no ability to guide or direct. That's the price of panic and selling any values or identity you have to try and achieve instant success and remain relevant.

We have a good team with a lot of deadwood. Guys like Nasri, Yaya, Aleks, Bony, Navas (as much as I love him) don't fill me with optimism. We knows if Spanish Dave will be back to his best or whether Sterling has the potential to be a top player. Zlatan is a goalscorer and I rate Mkhitaryan almost as highly as Ginger Kev. Bringing Pogba in would cement them as title favourites IMO and that isn't something I want to happen. I want us to grab our targets as soon as possible so Pep can work with them immediately because it's going to be a tough season ahead and we need to be as prepared as possible.

You do like a good flap. Keep posting, I find it amusing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.