Bruno Peres

You admit you don't know what is happening, but you feel justified in criticising those trying to get the deals done.

I think you are being naive to think that because we signed x on this day one season, that is the benchmark. Too many factors in the mix to even think all transfers are the same.

Yes, in an ideal world, all our incomings and outgoings would be confirmed before pre season, but come on, do you really think it is that simple?

I agree, it isn't that simple. It is frustrating seeing Italian media spout for weeks about us being in for Bruno Peres and suddenly never even wanted him anyway according to english media. Its happened so many times with our targets this season far more than it has any other season. Maybe journos are just talking more bullshit these days or Txixi is trying to be too clever, it's one or the other.

I think the problem is, I just don't want us to repeat the same mistakes as last season in bringing players in way too late and barely having time to adapt to the team and the philosophy of how we play.

I also think that if we do end up paying 53m for Stones, then we shouldn't be baulking at over 60m for Aubameyang. Football has become super inflated and unfortunately we do have to pay astronomical amounts now.

Who do you propose we sell them to?

I would honestly just buy the players first and then if we can't get a buyer for them, just don't include them within our premier league squad. They will soon be pushing to find a club then. We shouldn't be held to ransom by the player if another team can't match their wages, it's up to us to call the shots.

Disappointed if this one is a no goer as Peres looks rapid and a pep type player! Ah well, onwards and upwards hopefully

I agree, it isn't that simple. It is frustrating seeing Italian media spout for weeks about us being in for Bruno Peres and suddenly never even wanted him anyway according to english media. Its happened so many times with our targets this season far more than it has any other season. Maybe journos are just talking more bullshit these days or Txixi is trying to be too clever, it's one or the other.

I think the problem is, I just don't want us to repeat the same mistakes as last season in bringing players in way too late and barely having time to adapt to the team and the philosophy of how we play.

I also think that if we do end up paying 53m for Stones, then we shouldn't be baulking at over 60m for Aubameyang. Football has become super inflated and unfortunately we do have to pay astronomical amounts now.

For me, the biggest concern would be how gullible people are (not pointing at you BTW) in believing the media releases.

No one wants the transfers to drag out to beyond the 11th hour, but there has to be some sense of realism from fans that Txiki isn't simply walking into a sweet shop and asking for 1/4lb nut brittle. He will be facing financial target constraints placed on him by the clubs owners, trying to get targets whose clubs naturally want to get top dollar for their assets, or more likely, don't want to sell such assets.

It also needs to be recognised (by some on here) that we also have to sell some of our assets, many of which are on relative high wages, that in itself causes issues.

If we were mid August, I could better understand the flapping on here, but where we are now in Mid Jul, people should chill a little more.

I would honestly just buy the players first and then if we can't get a buyer for them, just don't include them within our premier league squad. They will soon be pushing to find a club then. We shouldn't be held to ransom by the player if another team can't match their wages, it's up to us to call the shots.

Wouldn't think you would find many successful organisations (in any sector) running their business in that manner. But on your point made, IMO doing that reduces the players sell on value to neigh on zilch

Wouldn't think you would find many successful organisations (in any sector) running their business in that manner. But on your point made, IMO doing that reduces the players sell on value to neigh on zilch

Let's be honest, who is going to pay more than 3m for Kolarov, he's absolute dogshit. Zaba as fantastic as he was 3-4 seasons ago is now just a crock sat on the treatment table picking up a decent wage. He will be sold for absolutely peanuts as well.

I've said this all along - there is a game of bluff and counter bluff going on within our existing squad.

Yaya, Kolarov, Zabba, all players who can be considered surplus, entitled to big pay-offs, clubs low-balling, etc.

City have tried to play it too clever, briefing against Auba, Pogba, Kroos - all not without foundation.

I'll reserve judgement on calling this window amateur night- especially when we have the cash.

Every summer you get away with it.
Videos for this and that, defcon 1, blah blah.
This was virtually done, but lo and behold we were never interested.
Nothing wrong with a bit of jest and opinions as to what we might do.
Nimrod = Rodwell and Sinclair

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.