Bruno Zuculini - Now officially a blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bruno Zuculini

I think we have to handle transfers in a much more strategic way from here on out. Injury cover and the need for experienced and proven players will probably mean we need to make one or two signings here and there but we need to have a balance between young talent that we can bring to the club and that can integrate into the first team and proven players. There is a grey area between 20-23 where you are thinking they may be too inexperienced for the first team and too old for the academy so we should be looking at the younger players in my opinion. It seems pointless to buy a player of that age group and loan them somewhere on the hope they can perform for us - we'd be better getting a proven player circa 28-30s and plug the gap with them for a few seasons before a younger player can integrate.

Kun Aguero said:
According to Argentine daily Ole, Manchester City have decided against finalising a deal for Racing midfielder Bruno Zuculini.

Of Sly Sports rumor page.

Yes, it says City have become concerned about his drop in performance quality and even though they have a clause to sign him for just £1.2m or so, may now back out. Which would make Racing unhappy, as they need money and have been expecting City to buy him.

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit concerned about us not signing this lad,after all,he's very much unproven and hardly setting his current league alight.

We'd be taking up another squad place with a none HG player,who may or may not be any better than Rodwell or Huws,or even the rapidly improving Fofana.

It seems Fernando is still very much on the radar and a potential deal for Pogba may still surface.Given such,i can fully understand our change of heart.

Makes you think he has had his eyes in a move here and therefore has affected his performances for Racing.

Racing is a poor side in general at this moment in time though.

Cant imagine we can pull out of the deal, if he has accepted terms its done. His contract is almost up and he could have been speaking to other interested clubs instead of having us waste his and Racing's time. I don't know if he is up to our standards but if we agreed to sign him we should follow it through. Back when we were broke if a club agreed to pay us 1.2 mil for a player then pulled out at the last minute we would be gutted.

dachoosen1 said:
Cant imagine we can pull out of the deal, if he has accepted terms its done. His contract is almost up and he could have been speaking to other interested clubs instead of having us waste his and Racing's time. I don't know if he is up to our standards but if we agreed to sign him we should follow it through. Back when we were broke if a club agreed to pay us 1.2 mil for a player then pulled out at the last minute we would be gutted.

1.2 mil for Racing is massive and that's why from reading CityWatch's Tweets it's seems Racing are very keen to get a deal done.

Even for relationship values I wouldn't back out now, what if they have the next Sergio coming through and won't deal with us because we messed them about.

For the money being talked I would get the deal done, we have bought kids for the academy for similar amounts if I recall.

I agree man we made a deal! Im assuming our scouts have done their job so a dip in form shouldn't be too much of a worry, I cant imagine his wages will cripple the club, worse case scenario hes not good enough and we have to sell him or loan him out either way I believe we will at least get our money back!

Maybe someone else became available for city which they didn't expect, and therefore Zuculini is not needed.

spinzer said:
Maybe someone else became available for city which they didn't expect, and therefore Zuculini is not needed.
So buy him and loan him out, it's not much money and could really pay off. Look, if we pay £1.2m for him and lets say £10,000 p/w on a four year deal, it's only showing up as £0.8 million per season total on the books and less if he's on loan.

It's not really a dip in his form, the team was struggling last season, this season the entire team is worse. He's been much more defensive because Racing can't stop anybody from scoring all over the pitch so he hasn't had any highlights. If we are getting Fernando as well we should be loaning him out to a top championship or a mid table PL team for 1 season. I think he'll improve with better talent around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.