Bruno Zuculini - Now officially a blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bruno Zuculini

ripmutd said:
sam-caddick said:
I just don't see City signing a player from Argentina and then bringing him all the way over to England only to send him out on loan somwhere, at least give him a season first to see what he is all about.

The club he currently plays for had some success last season ( I don't know what's going on now) , the big clubs in Europe are raiding all their best players, we managed to snap up Bruno Zuculini. He will be a fringe player for us and then we'll probably let him go after one season.
I'd think if we're buying a young player like him it'll be a lot more long term than letting him go after 1 season?

ripmutd said:
sam-caddick said:
I just don't see City signing a player from Argentina and then bringing him all the way over to England only to send him out on loan somwhere, at least give him a season first to see what he is all about.

The club he currently plays for had some success last season ( I don't know what's going on now) , the big clubs in Europe are raiding all their best players, we managed to snap up Bruno Zuculini. He will be a fringe player for us and then we'll probably let him go after one season.

I've watched Racing this year and I can see why City has signed him.

He is an Argentine U20 international and is part of the next generation of Argentine midfielders in comparison to Mascherano, Banega, Gago etc..

I think we should use the scouting system more because Porto an Benfica have proved that you can build successful sides based almost entirely on importing South American talent, now I obviously we would be mixing them with top European talent but either way this lad is not being brought in so we can make a profit in a years time.

He is a very versatile midfielder who is very good in protecting, box to box duties and has a few goals in him, this lad definitely has a future with us.

Just watched the last 53 mins of Racing's home match tonight vs the 3rd best team in the Argentine table. It was 1-1 at HT but ended in a 3-3 draw after a crazy last 10 mins where Racing gave up the lead with two incredibly soft goals only to tie it up at 90 with a golazo from distance. BZ played the whole match and was back to his old conservative role of protecting the back four. He hardly touched the ball - a really nondescript performance. My only quibble was that he finds himself in no-man's land far too often - too far off the ball to pressure and too far from runners to really dissuade thru balls. But the action is pell-mell and he's obviously coachable, so ...

[on the plus side: one time he showed a flash of waist-high ball control skill in heavy traffic that left his opponents dizzy]

shroom said:
Just watched the last 53 mins of Racing's home match tonight vs the 3rd best team in the Argentine table. It was 1-1 at HT but ended in a 3-3 draw after a crazy last 10 mins where Racing gave up the lead with two incredibly soft goals only to tie it up at 90 with a golazo from distance. BZ played the whole match and was back to his old conservative role of protecting the back four. He hardly touched the ball - a really nondescript performance. My only quibble was that he finds himself in no-man's land far too often - too far off the ball to pressure and too far from runners to really dissuade thru balls. But the action is pell-mell and he's obviously coachable, so ...

[on the plus side: one time he showed a flash of waist-high ball control skill in heavy traffic that left his opponents dizzy]

I watched the second half and agree with everything you said.

After now watching him play both in his more attacking box to box role and his more conservative role he definitely suits the box to box role better.

I don't think he has the defensive discipline to be a holding player at the momeny but that's something that comes with experience anyway in my opinion.

I like what I see on the whole and cannot wait to see him in pre-season to see what he is like linking up with Yaya and Silva etc..

sam-caddick said:
ripmutd said:
sam-caddick said:

I've watched Racing this year and I can see why City has signed him.

He is an Argentine U20 international and is part of the next generation of Argentine midfielders in comparison to Mascherano, Banega, Gago etc..

I think we should use the scouting system more because Porto an Benfica have proved that you can build successful sides based almost entirely on importing South American talent, now I obviously we would be mixing them with top European talent but either way this lad is not being brought in so we can make a profit in a years time.

He is a very versatile midfielder who is very good in protecting, box to box duties and has a few goals in him, this lad definitely has a future with us.

I do agree that we need to sign ( as many as possible) young players for our academy. Bruno is too old for our academy. And too young and inexperienced for our first team squad.

Nothing wrong with what Chelsea have done with players like this.

Sign a top prospect cheap, loan him to a TOP league where he will be in the spotlight (not some backwater league like Norway or Denmark), and if he shines you can't lose. His value goes up (Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne) and you either sell him for profit or bring him back.

Not rocket science and it's going to help Chelsea a lot with FFP. Courtois is already one of the top goalkeepers in the world and cost Chelsea peanuts. Look like they will try and give him a new deal and loan him to Atletico for a fourth season, waiting for Cech to be past it.

LoveCity said:

Sign a top prospect cheap, loan him to a TOP league where he will be in the spotlight (not some backwater league like Norway or Denmark), and if he shines you can't lose. His value goes up (Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne) and you either sell him for profit or bring him back.

Not rocket science and it's going to help Chelsea a lot with FFP. Courtois is already one of the top goalkeepers in the world and cost Chelsea peanuts. Look like they will try and give him a new deal and loan him to Atletico for a fourth season, waiting for Cech to be past it.
Dont talk crap about the superliga, the african talents were simply injured or not good enough.
I do agree though lol, the dutch league for example is a great place to loan out players, but id love to see some city talents play in Denmark, because im from Denmark :p

spinzer said:
LoveCity said:

Dont talk crap about the superliga, the african talents were simply injured or not good enough.
I do agree though lol, the dutch league for example is a great place to loan out players, but id love to see some city talents play in Denmark, because im from Denmark :p

If just they became a feeder club to FC Midtjylland instead of AGF, much better at nurturing talents.

According to Argentine daily Ole, Manchester City have decided against finalising a deal for Racing midfielder Bruno Zuculini.

Of Sly Sports rumor page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.