BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

BT Sport has and always had a serious vendetta against our club, their coverage of our Champions league campaigns are nothing short of a disgrace, and the amount of ex red shirt players they employ to beat us says everything.

They make the BBC look fair and just, which says everything.

Bloody hell, Match of the Day calling it like it is. Remarkable how much Keown and Ferdinand and BT have set the narrative all day.
Rio tends to be supportive of City, a fan even (given his Man U affiliation) and Joleon Lescott is just a great guy. The pundit panel was very different to the commentary nonsense.

The Tarquins are and always have been as self-entitled and arrogant as the Rags and Dippers.
All 3 have benefitted hugely from outside investment in their history and every rule change around the distribution of revenue has been to their gain.
All 3 entitled red shirts are crying like babies because someone else has muscled in on the success that they think is rightfully theirs.
You are right, I rather naively thought they had more of a sense of humour and humility than our north western neighbours but yesterday has proved me wrong.

Yeah but a couple of weeks ago MOTD led by the sulking Shearer went on and on about Ederson not conceding a pen v Newcastle as though it was one of the greatest miscarriages of justice ever seen. They’re all as bad as each other
There is a connection there though, Keown spent a long time at Arsenal and Shearer is a real dyed in wool Newcastle legend. As long as they broadly exhibit impartiality except in a few select incidents I think that is acceptable. This is where McSpitty, McPointy, RatFace, CamelFace and Ginger fall short.

Rio tends to be supportive of City, a fan even (given his Man U affiliation) and Joleon Lescott is just a great guy. The pundit panel was very different to the commentary nonsense.
On the Arsenal penalty claim it was actually Keown who first accepts that Eddie probably just got to the ball. He was disappointed of course, being a Gunner, but he was fair. The other two were bad, McPointy said Eddie caught the back of Odergaard’s foot (even after we saw the replays) so I have no idea what he was seeing, and the main commentator was using phrases like “he (Eddie) left his leg out” which means something else to me, it’s a term meaning an intention to foul or being careless, which was clearly not the case. He also was the one who kept going back to the incident and highlighting who the VAR fella was, even after their own expert (Walton) explained it was all in order.

Then when Bernardo was fouled the first thing the commentator says is “he went down” not how risky the tackle was. Again it was Keown who pointed that out and McPointy picked up on the shirt pull.

It was him that kept pulling the two ex-players back into the VAR discussion.

Last edited:

i agree to a certain extent but Walton explained why the decisions were made yesterday and why the first one did not go to VAR and ours did. Made complete sense but Rio for some bizarre reason just ignored what he was saying.

Interesting to see Sky, especially their website run heavily with the so called robbing of Arsenal given they don’t normally touch games that BT have had.

I suppose the temptation to City bash is just too strong for some to miss out on and the clicks from the red hordes all the justification they need, regardless of whether there is any truth to the shit they are writing or not.

Oh well…….12 points clear…….print that you twats!

I was expecting Wrighty to have a massive rant about the “penalty” but fair play to MOTD they explained it without the histrionics, clear bias and red tinted glasses BT had to offer, which was an utter disgrace throughout, Keown shouldn’t be allowed near any of our games again, while not as bad as the BT CL debacle of a few seasons back when they got Scholes & Rio to be pundits on a City CL game, Keown was clearly leading the narrative on the commentary.

They will follow an editorial narrative it’s that simple.

It’s not about opinions, it’s about clicks, viewers and money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.