BT Sport commentary v Arsenal (A)

Interesting to see Sky, especially their website run heavily with the so called robbing of Arsenal given they don’t normally touch games that BT have had.

I suppose the temptation to City bash is just too strong for some to miss out on and the clicks from the red hordes all the justification they need, regardless of whether there is any truth to the shit they are writing or not.

Oh well…….12 points clear…….print that you twats!

Yep I noticed that too..

It will never be any different . Just sit back and enjoy our total control and dominance , haters are there because we are the best team in the land and all the world . Just turn the sound down and gloat.
Is the correct answer.
Don't gloat though, just smile.

McManaman actually said on about 60 mins that he hated how VAR would become the talking point. From about 70 mins it was all they talked about. To me that seems like a producer has told them over the earpieces that the story is VAR and to hit that point again and again.

In turn I expect that VAR controversy articles are what generate the most clicks and comments for BT, which partly helps them to make more money from advertisers.

Social media drives the outrage attention economy we live in and people using it cynically like this is what's poisoning every aspect of public discussion from politics to football to even our healthcare now.

McManaman actually said on about 60 mins that he hated how VAR would become the talking point. From about 70 mins it was all they talked about. To me that seems like a producer has told them over the earpieces that the story is VAR and to hit that point again and again.

In turn I expect that VAR controversy articles are what generate the most clicks and comments for BT, which partly helps them to make more money from advertisers.

Social media drives the outrage attention economy we live in and people using it cynically like this is what's poisoning every aspect of public discussion from politics to football to even our healthcare now.

That last paragraph is absolutely spot on.

Interesting to see Sky, especially their website run heavily with the so called robbing of Arsenal given they don’t normally touch games that BT have had.

I suppose the temptation to City bash is just too strong for some to miss out on and the clicks from the red hordes all the justification they need, regardless of whether there is any truth to the shit they are writing or not.

Oh well…….12 points clear…….print that you twats!

Yeah just look at this headline on their Twitter page:

Absolutely shocking and unprofessional. Guess they need the clicks..

I complained. Others should do the same. Bias and undermining the laws of the game:

The commentary for Arsenal vs Manchester City was incredibly biased towards Arsenal.
The reporting of VAR incidents during the game set out to create outrage rather than commenting on them referencing the laws of the game Rio Ferdinand and Jake Humphries did all they could to undermine the referee and suggest Arsenal were somehow cheated. Great store was placed on VAR inconsistencies despite the fact that your expert referee Peter Walton described in detail what had happened and why.
The overall commentary of the game was like listening to Arsenal TV. When they played well, commentary bright and humorous and eulogising about how brilliant they were. When City came into the game a noticeable difference in tone.
I am used to your dislike of City through watching your commentary on CL games but this one absolutely took the biscuit. I pay the same subscription as an Arsenal fan and deserve a balanced commentary that covers the good, bad and indifferent from both teams. Neither do i expect to see the City pundit Lescott silenced by the other two when he tried to put forward a counter argument. Really really poor.

No point in complaining, none. It’s a business decision to run with the negative anti City narrative each and every time because social media traffic is monitored and they can see money is made from attacking us at each and every opportunity.

Fuck them.

The aftermatch with BT started with Humphrey’s telling the viewer how Twitter and social media had gone into meltdown. Why would this matter to the majority of their viewers who have no interest in it and are only their to watch the game?

All about the clicks and outrage culture that now presides.

Rawks City thread are still convinced we have bought the Refs, Sky are in our pockets aswell as all the pundits. They all all frightened to speak out against us.
I love that thread. They talk about how our performances are glorified more than theirs. How we get all the decisions our way. That teams try harder against them than us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.