BT Sport or BT Bias?

gmckennasell said:
owens only loyalty is to whoever pays the money , he under achieved as a footballer , wasting his talent by chasing big pay cheques , and brown nosing rags , hes a multi millionaire dont why he has to make such a tawt of himself on TV.
hopefully he lost all his money on the horses and that's why he has to work for Bitter Sports.

Owen is shockingly bad. Bog standard comments delivered in such a boring manner and laden with pregnant pauses as he tries desperately to figure out what to say next.

"Well (pause) he broke through there (pause) got on the end of the cross and (pause) finished it."

"You've got to feel (pause) for them. (Pause) They've really put in a shift (pause) but (pause) they've only got themselves to blame."

Shut up you monotone, boring, scouse rag faced ****.

MCFCinUSA said:
I was pretty horrified when it was announced Neville had secured a job as a TV pundit, but to be fair he's turned out to be one of the best on the box - and it's also impressive that he can maintain what appears to be a neutral stance, all things considered.

Whoever the hell appointed Michael Owen at BT Sport needs a rocket, as not only is the guy dreadful in his delivery, but he's absolutely shocking in his bias.

This evening we were denied a perfectly good penalty (one assumes because the referee's line of sight was obstructed) but Owen says "it hit his hands but no penalty for me" and Spurs are trying to kick lumps out of us (and getting away with several ugly challenges including two on Silva & MDM) all of which he can see with the benefit of the replay cameras, and Owen starts on about Spurs have been unlucky when eventually Rose gets sent off and we get a penalty awarded to us.

Is it me, or is Michael Owen about the worst ex-footballing 'pundit' on TV?

".. and I'll tell you this.." he makes Steve McManaman sound like a god.

Owen is a first rate wanker who knows nothing. At least he didn't slip up by calling us the rags like he did against Arsenal.

These people commentating on City aren't City fans. They aren't bitter. People only hear bitterness because that is what they are listening for.

Michael Owen said we were the best team in the premier league and would win it 3 times last night. He said we were a joy to watch twice.

Not everybody lives in the same City bubble we do.

the major incidents from last night

1. Dawson disallowed goal - he was onside when the ball was played.
2. Penalty and red card - never a pen, never a red card
3. Dawson on Aguero - rough but there was never any intent to use the elbow.
4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best.

I added BT sport to my sky package the other day as they are showing lots of City games and my local boozer refuses to pay the extortionate fees they charge pubs for showing games.. Well I'm glad i can cancel anytime the coverage is very ameratuish and that lanky git that heads up the presenting took any opportunity to tell us all how much spurs were robbed rather that talk about the far superior city team , David Ginola spoke some sense though,the final nail in the BT coffin was that pile of tosh after the games "life's a pitch" what utter garbage.
Bye bye BT I'll go back to watching foreign channels on the tinternet, they talk more sense!

Esteban de la Sexface said:
These people commentating on City aren't City fans. They aren't bitter. People only hear bitterness because that is what they are listening for.

Michael Owen said we were the best team in the premier league and would win it 3 times last night. He said we were a joy to watch twice.

4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best.

Adebayor was offside and interfering with play.

Never a pen or red.

Dawson's shoulder barge - nothing in it.

Handball from Dzeko's shot - 50/50 could have been given, not surprised it wasn't.

Spurs were really dirty and got away with a lot.

That was my take on the game.

Ban-jani said:

Adebayor was offside and interfering with play.

Never a pen or red.

Dawson's shoulder barge - nothing in it.

Handball from Dzeko's shot - 50/50 could have been given, not surprised it wasn't.

Spurs were really dirty and got away with a lot.

That was my take on the game.

Spurs being dirty had nothing to do with BT. That was down to Mariner refusing to show a yellow to them.

I won't question Michael Owens partiality, but I will say this, he has got the most monotonous voice I've ever heard.

MCFCinUSA said:
I was pretty horrified when it was announced Neville had secured a job as a TV pundit, but to be fair he's turned out to be one of the best on the box - and it's also impressive that he can maintain what appears to be a neutral stance, all things considered.

Whoever the hell appointed Michael Owen at BT Sport needs a rocket, as not only is the guy dreadful in his delivery, but he's absolutely shocking in his bias.

This evening we were denied a perfectly good penalty (one assumes because the referee's line of sight was obstructed) but Owen says "it hit his hands but no penalty for me" and Spurs are trying to kick lumps out of us (and getting away with several ugly challenges including two on Silva & MDM) all of which he can see with the benefit of the replay cameras, and Owen starts on about Spurs have been unlucky when eventually Rose gets sent off and we get a penalty awarded to us.

Is it me, or is Michael Owen about the worst ex-footballing 'pundit' on TV?

".. and I'll tell you this.." he makes Steve McManaman sound like a god.

Your right owen is wank, what he was saying last night was so biased. The sooner BT introduce via the red button a facility to turn the commentators off the better.

On point 4, we may expect it, but we don't expect the TV 'pundits' to essentially condone it. I am not one of the 'agenda' exponents, but Owen is very clearly negative when it comes to us. It's understandable. We have replaced his first love, Man Utd, as the dominant football force and his second love, Liverpool (although those who once adored him now think he is a cnut of epic proportions), have been ousted from the top table by the likes of us and Chelsea. Add to that the fact that we turned him down when he was whoreing himself around with that pathetic self promotion brochure and we find ourself in a situation where he is inherently negative about us. He reminds me a little of Paul Merson a couple of years ago.

He was unqualified for the job but unlike Gary Neville, he has displayed no aptitude for punditry. The mixture of prejudice and ineptitude should concern BT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.