BT Sport or BT Bias?

Lucky Toma said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
omcfc said:
Exactly. Joe didn't know that Ade would not make a firm connection. He would have been preparing himself to make a save from Ade's header. Therefore it has affected play. Therefore offside.

The assistant gave the offside because he said Dawson was off. Ade didn't come into the decision making process for him.

He was wrong. We dodged a bullet. Thank fuck.

Not doubting you mate but where did you read or hear this?

the long fucker that does the non football role at BT said the lino told them he had given it for Dawson being off when coming off at half time. He'd hardly lie on a live broadcast. Afterwards on BT he kept trying to tell Hargreaves that the linesman had given it for Dawson being off and not Ade and Hargreaves made a tit out of himself trying to defend the decision.

*edit* it was funny watching the long streak of misery get more and more frustrated with Hargreaves, who spent most of the night looking at Ginola with a lazy one on him

Lucky Toma said:
omcfc said:
Exactly. Joe didn't know that Ade would not make a firm connection. He would have been preparing himself to make a save from Ade's header. Therefore it has affected play. Therefore offside.

The assistant gave the offside because he said Dawson was off. Ade didn't come into the decision making process for him.

This was Jake H. BT had had a word with the lino at HT!! He was desperate to put on a negative slant to the 1-0 and was really telling us it should be 1-1! Had I been the lino, I wouldn't have been either a Spurs fan or a City fan, and I would have told Jake to fuck off back to Norwich City!.

These people commentating on City aren't City fans. They aren't bitter. People only hear bitterness because that is what they are listening for.

Michael Owen said we were the best team in the premier league and would win it 3 times last night. He said we were a joy to watch twice.

Not everybody lives in the same City bubble we do.

the major incidents from last night

1. Dawson disallowed goal - he was onside when the ball was played.
2. Penalty and red card - never a pen, never a red card
3. Dawson on Aguero - rough but there was never any intent to use the elbow.
4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best.

Sexface dropping science on these bubble-dwellers :D

They were both offside when the free-kick was struck, and Ade remained so throughout, and his proximity to Joe meant that he was ipso facto interfering with play, and Dawson came back into an offside position as Ade went for the ball and made contact. This isn't hard. There are camera angles directly in-line.

Stop focusing on the magicians right hand. He has two you know.

Same with Rose. Stop looking at his right leg, and watch his left.

Lucky Toma said:

the long fucker that does the non football role at BT said the lino told them he had given it for Dawson being off when coming off at half time. He'd hardly lie on a live broadcast. Afterwards on BT he kept trying to tell Hargreaves that the linesman had given it for Dawson being off and not Ade and Hargreaves made a tit out of himself trying to defend the decision.

Ah fair enough. I switched off after the game to get stuck into some vino and a celebratory wank.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Lucky Toma said:

This was Jake H. BT had had a word with the lino at HT!! He was desperate to put on a negative slant to the 1-0 and was really telling us it should be 1-1! Had I been the lino, I wouldn't have been either a Spurs fan or a City fan, and I would have told Jake to fuck off back to Norwich City!.

there are 20 teams in the premier league.

If a broadcaster decides to wax lyrical about 1 team they p1ss of 19 other sets of subscribers. the 3 and a half men that were on the telly last night all waxed lyrical about City at different times.. I though Ginola was gonna splunk himself.

Just because they have to be balanced doesn't mean they are biased.

The penalty would normally be given as a foul outside the box, but aren't generally given as penalties if it's a last ditch tackle. I can understand their frustration with that one, especially since the red card has to follow.

I think it should be a penalty always though, although Rose touched the ball, he didn't actually dispossess Dzeko. Dzeko got taken out from behind whilst the ball was still in a good position for a strike at goal. I think a successful tackle should be one that actually properly dispossesses the player, rather than taking the player out and just managing to get a touch on the ball, without really deviating it's course.

Lucky Toma said:
Lucky Toma said:

Ah fair enough. I switched off after the game to get stuck into some vino and a celebratory wank.

I had mine when the missus went to pilates at half time.

Hung said:
These people commentating on City aren't City fans. They aren't bitter. People only hear bitterness because that is what they are listening for.

Michael Owen said we were the best team in the premier league and would win it 3 times last night. He said we were a joy to watch twice.

4. Spurs trying to kick lumps out of us. - I'd expect it, it is what happens when you are the best.

On point 4, we may expect it, but we don't expect the TV 'pundits' to essentially condone it. I am not one of the 'agenda' exponents, but Owen is very clearly negative when it comes to us. It's understandable. We have replaced his first love, Man Utd, as the dominant football force and his second love, Liverpool (although those who once adored him now think he is a cnut of epic proportions), have been ousted from the top table by the likes of us and Chelsea. Add to that the fact that we turned him down when he was whoreing himself around with that pathetic self promotion brochure and we find ourself in a situation where he is inherently negative about us. He reminds me a little of Paul Merson a couple of years ago.

He was unqualified for the job but unlike Gary Neville, he has displayed no aptitude for punditry. The mixture of prejudice and ineptitude should concern BT.

He said last night we were the best team in the country, playing the best football and would win the league.

Give me one example of something he said that was prejudiced against City last night?

Again, I repeat, not everyone is a City fan. If he was constantly gushing about City then he would prejudiced in the other way.

He is nowhere near as bad as Tyler and Quinn together. It seems to be a form of amusement for those two to see what they can get away with.

If you listen to the commentary, if there was ever a view to be given on a challenge, for example, or a penalty decision (for us as well as Spurs), his view would always be pro Spurs, making light of heavy challenges etc. As a fan, all you can expect is 'balance', which he does not give. Every time he commentates on us, there is a furore on here about him - there has to be a reason for that.

As for saying that City are the best team in the Country etc, it's a little difficult, even for him, to say otherwise as we dick most teams that we play by several goals on a weekly basis.

xenon_ said:

Sexface dropping science on these bubble-dwellers :D

'Tis bad science. If we are using the camera to point out that Rose played the ball, look carefully, very carefully and you will see that Rose's left thigh makes contact with the calf on Dzeko's right leg BEFORE he plays the ball.

Just seen that Tottenham are indeed appealing the red card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.