Budget 2024

I will have had a 4% cut in NI this year and it’s left me £7.24 worse off according to calculators lol

Last edited:
If National Insurance contributions are scrapped then how will the NHS / Retirement Pensions be funded?

It’s probably won’t be.

Private medical insurance and private pensions will be the future.

Reeve going on about tax burden on the BBC but refusing to consider the fiscal drag as a way out.

Well done Naga for asking her the question I was 'shouting' at the telly.

Things move fast in the world of Twitter know-nowts.

At lunchtime the Chancellor announces £3.4bn of funding for the NHS digitisation programme, and by dinner it’s turned into a £35bn contract, all signed over to Rishi Sunak’s father-in-law.

Anyone would think they’re just making this shit up.

Are they or aren't they?

If National Insurance contributions are scrapped then how will the NHS / Retirement Pensions be funded?
Everything would have to be private, no chance it happens unless you say if you turn 18 on a certain date you have to fund yourself everyone else will be entitled to it until they die, but then that has to be funded! I think it would be up there with poll tax riots if they tried it, I know I’ll be out throwing my zimmer frame at them.

Everything would have to be private, no chance it happens unless you say if you turn 18 on a certain date you have to fund yourself everyone else will be entitled to it until they die, but then that has to be funded! I think it would be up there with poll tax riots if they tried it, I know I’ll be out throwing my zimmer frame at them.

As you say, very difficult to do, and there would be a lot of trust needed in the programmers behind it.

It would be such a huge change that it's difficult to see how it could be done without ruining large numbers of people caught in a gap.

As such, it seems to me to be a meaningless comment to grab headlines and to justify the NI cut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.