Budget 2024

But if you earn less than £50k that would be an INCREASE in pension allowance, so a good thing for the majority of workers.It's interesting you only see it from the perspective of someone who is getting a bigger benefit. Would a reduction from marginal rate to 30% or 25% put people off investing in their pension?-I very much doubt it.

By energy companies who do you actually mean. For example Octopus have just made their first profit at a margin of 1.6%-they are hardly ripping us off at that rate. I would like to see some change to standing charges though as it is a scandal that the first £380 we all pay buys us not one Kwh of gas or electricity.
We're effectively at war with the world's largest gas supplier at a time when we've transitioned to an energy system that is mostly reliant upon gas. Of course it was never going to end well.

It's time to nationalise the entire sector to be honest and allow government to better control pricing and manage costs. The sector is too fragmented and too open to cost manipulation and speculation which has already bankrupted many suppliers, something we're now paying for via increasing standing charges.

We're effectively at war with the world's largest gas supplier at a time when we've transitioned to an energy system that is mostly reliant upon gas. Of course it was never going to end well.

It's time to nationalise the entire sector to be honest and allow government to better control pricing and manage costs. The sector is too fragmented and too open to cost manipulation and speculation which has already bankrupted many suppliers, something we're now paying for via increasing standing charges.
I agree but i'm still not sure which "energy" companies @PPT is referring to. Does he mean the likes of Shell, BP etc or those we actually pay our bills to. I guess only he knows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.