Building a Result Driven Organization: Ferran Soriano

It's nothing more than applying standard management theory from any MBA course to football. There is no magic here.
I note he didn't talk about Spanair. Well not in the first 35 minutes. I gave up after that as I heard this many times before.

SpanAir - that's a cheap shot. He hardly responsible for what went wrong there. The EU outlawed the state / regional funding and that was that.

nmc said:
SpanAir - that's a cheap shot. He hardly responsible for what went wrong there. The EU outlawed the state / regional funding and that was that.

Not true at all. They failed to get agreement on investment from Qatar Airlines The company was in huge debt and SAS were ready to pull the plug anyway but the had no money to pay the staff so they folded overnight. I had friends flying for them at the time. The airline business is a lot more cut-throat than football.

I preferred this bloke

0.jpg

But anyway Soriano seems to know his onions!

Gelsons Dad said:
It's nothing more than applying standard management theory from any MBA course to football. There is no magic here.
I note he didn't talk about Spanair. Well not in the first 35 minutes. I gave up after that as I heard this many times before.

Certainly true as to all the boilerplate MBA/management drivel. But the interesting parts of this presentation are obviously the things specifically involving our club.

The fact that our revenue is projected to equal/exceed Bayern Munich as of next year is extremely heartening within the current context of the media jizzing itself over potential FFP penalties that we could face. Obviously you hear about us moving past the likes of AC Milan on this front within the past year, but the krautrags themselves?

At this rate I wonder if the day will come when the likes of Arsenal, the candlewankers, and even the rags will be complaining that FFP gives US an unfair advantage over THEM.

Absolutely fascinating! When he analyses teams, managers and winning formulas was particularly insightful. I also found his discussion on cycles intriguing and I think is concrete evidence as to why we won't be signing Messi!

You can discuss if Soriano is right or wrong, or that it's the obvious managerspeech or whatever, I thought it was interesting, and pleasant to hear (obviously for being a City-fan) . Thanks for putting this on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.