Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lautern - Mainz was pretty tasty, Mainz for once showed up to a "derby" with 6000 away fans. They put on some show with pyro and flags and then when Lautern scored the 2-0 started throwing flares on the pitch and putting their own Q-Block banner on fire.

1-fc-kaiserslautern-mainz-05-dfb-pokal-2019-2020-29.jpg

1-fc-kaiserslautern-mainz-05-dfb-pokal-2019-2020-31.jpg

Mainz is such a weird club with such a strange fanbase. The matches against Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern are considered "Derby" by them, but this is a pretty one sided relationship as neither Frankfurt nor Lautern consider matches against Mainz to be derby worthy as they are so insignificant and laughable in the grand scheme of things.

Hope they fuck off to the second tier where they belong.
But they gave us Klopp !!

Just returned from our match at (newly promoted to the 2. Liga) Wehen Wiesbaden, 13,- Euros well invested for the ticket, as we strechtched it as far as possible: very lucky and undeservedly 2 - 0 up at half time, only to throw it away in just a couple of minutes before the hour mark, 3 - 2 up again in the second half of extra time, just when we thought we had won it, they nicked the equaliser in the 118th minute to take the match to penalties. Timo Horn, never known for his penalty killing ability, actually managed to save 3 pens, their keeper denied our strikers only twice, so Cologne went finally through into the next round of the DFB-Pokal. Duisburg or Bochum away or Düsseldorf at home for the draw of the next round, please.

Same experience as @Rhineland pretty much.
Frankfurt played at newly promoted 3rd division side Waldhof Mannheim and we had a horrible start to the match, going down 2-0 after 11 minutes were they made us look like an amateur team.

Somehow managed to get back into the game and Ante Rebic sealed the deal scoring a hattrick to send us to the next round (we were trailing 3-2 from minute 72 on).

19-20-pokal-sv-waldhof-mannheim-eintracht-frankfurt-07.jpg

19-20-pokal-sv-waldhof-mannheim-eintracht-frankfurt-21.jpg

19-20-pokal-sv-waldhof-mannheim-eintracht-frankfurt-24.jpg

Got to admit I am worried at the moment. We look pretty bad, only stand out player is Daichi Kamada who was on loan in Belgium last season and seems to have build a ton of confidence.

Yesterday evening we played the return leg against Vaduz at our ground.

We won the first match 5-0 already so chances of us getting eliminated were pretty slim. Pretty cold and rainy Thursday night (not on stoke levels though), a dead rubber of a game but still sold out withn 48000-

After the "everyone in white" motto from the first round, Ultras Frankfurt now asked everyone to show up in red and the crowd delivered.
19-20-europaleague-eintracht-frankfurt-fc-vaduz-05.jpg

19-20-europaleague-eintracht-frankfurt-fc-vaduz-10.jpg

This time the banner across the home end just had "Frankfurt" written on it. The banner in the "all white" home game against Tallin had "my club" written on it.
So we have now "My Club Frankfurt" for both games. Pretty sure the next home game will be "all in black" and we got to see the end of the sentence.

Next round will be pretty tasty as we will play against Strasbourg, which is literally just around the corner for us. Strasbourg has a long lasting friendship with Karlsruhe from Germany. Karslruhe and Frankfurt dont have the best relationship with lots of incidents between both Ultras groups
in the past (attacks with tear gas etc).

Last edited:
Looking forward to the new season even though I am a bit worried for us, but maybe thats just my old pessimistic self when it comes to Eintracht.

The damage this club has done to me in the past 35+ years is not that easy to be undone.

For the sake of the Bundesliga I hope that Dortmund gets their shit together and gives Bayern a run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.