Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see at the weekend that 1860 Munchen got beat 4-0 in the Bundesliga 3. Sad to see their demise. They're now about 5th bottom of Bundesliga 3. I wish they'd 'do a City' and turn great and stick it to their big neighbours.
Not sure if its a demise anymore, more of a malaise.

They're owned by a Sheikh from Jordan but unfortunately he doesn't really have any money. They were demoted to the 4th tier a couple of years ago. Not all bad because it meant they got to go back to the Grünwalder stadion, which is in central Munich. They got promoted in the 17/18 season to the 3rd tier and finished mid table last year.

They've got a bit of an issue if they got promoted again because the stadium doesn't meet standards but no one wants to go back to the Allianz. They and the Munich council are exploring options of renovating it, but a move back to the Olympiastadion is also on the cards.

I think they're 6th bottom to be pedantic :), but I don't think anyone is panicking yet - only 4 games into the season.

Not sure if its a demise anymore, more of a malaise.

They're owned by a Sheikh from Jordan but unfortunately he doesn't really have any money. They were demoted to the 4th tier a couple of years ago. Not all bad because it meant they got to go back to the Grünwalder stadion, which is in central Munich. They got promoted in the 17/18 season to the 3rd tier and finished mid table last year.

They've got a bit of an issue if they got promoted again because the stadium doesn't meet standards but no one wants to go back to the Allianz. They and the Munich council are exploring options of renovating it, but a move back to the Olympiastadion is also on the cards.

I think they're 6th bottom to be pedantic :), but I don't think anyone is panicking yet - only 4 games into the season.
I have had a season ticket for the last ten years , it certainly does remind me of supporting City in the bad old days.

I have had a season ticket for the last ten years , it certainly does remind me of supporting City in the bad old days.
What are you're thoughts on the stadium situation?

Grünwalder is obviously the dream but dont think even the proposed increase to 18k is enough, and you wouldn't be able to increase it any more. I last went to a game in Nov 16 at the Allianz against Kaiserslautern, and there were 20k there when you were struggling. I think 1860 need a 30-35k ground.

Olympiastadion is too big and maybe lacks the modern hospitality facilities required (where the club makes money).

How do you see it playing out?

What are you're thoughts on the stadium situation?

Grünwalder is obviously the dream but dont think even the proposed increase to 18k is enough, and you wouldn't be able to increase it any more. I last went to a game in Nov 16 at the Allianz against Kaiserslautern, and there were 20k there when you were struggling. I think 1860 need a 30-35k ground.

Olympiastadion is too big and maybe lacks the modern hospitality facilities required (where the club makes money).

How do you see it playing out?
The ground is a bit of a dump to be honest after the creature comforts of the Allanz, but you can sense the faithful are happier there.As for a new stadium it's a never ending saga, nobody wants a stadium on their doorstep . I feel they will have to expand Grünwalder but try selling that to the local residents. The club's hierarchy are always arguing between themselves, you feel as though they won't be happy until the club goes into receivership. On a brighter note there are loads of great pubs around the area ,including a small brewery Giesinger brau,I am usually half cut by kick off.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but will be in Munich Fri/Sat 20/21st Sept and looking for 2 tickets for the Bayern v Cologne match on the Sat at the Allianz. I know Oktoberfest also starts on the Saturday so expect it to be tough to get tickets. If any German fan can help out or give me some advice would appreciate it. As a City season ticket holder can get 2 tickets for nearly any City home match if anyone in Germany can help me out and wants to catch a City game.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but will be in Munich Fri/Sat 20/21st Sept and looking for 2 tickets for the Bayern v Cologne match on the Sat at the Allianz. I know Oktoberfest also starts on the Saturday so expect it to be tough to get tickets. If any German fan can help out or give me some advice would appreciate it. As a City season ticket holder can get 2 tickets for nearly any City home match if anyone in Germany can help me out and wants to catch a City game.
Short of spending a load with Viagogo I think you're shit out of luck, unless you know one of their sponsors. Bayern games are always oversubscribed and in the unlikely event there is any Bayern fans left on this forum (given the current view of City fans towards Bayern Munich), they would be desperate to go to the game themselves. Oktoberfest doesn't help your cause in this regard either.

If you're just keen to see a game, I'd suggest Unterhaching v Sonnenhof Grossaspach in the German 3rd tier on the Saturday at 2pm local time. Not the biggest game, but you can drink beer and stand to watch it. Its a suburb of Munich so takes about 10-15 mins on the S Bahn from the centre of Munich and a further 10 minute walk from either Unterhaching or Fasanenpark station.

@cptaidan88 You're way outside the area of expertise here, as @bearcityblu demanded help and advice from a German fan!

As a German in the know of German football I would suggest to go to Unterhaching v Sonnenhof Grossaspach in the German 3rd tier on the Saturday at 2pm local time. It's not the biggest game, but you can drink beer and stand to watch it. It's a suburb of Munich and only takes about 10-15 mins on the S-Bahn from the centre of Munich and a further 10 minute walk from either Unterhaching or Fasanenpark station. ;-)

Second round of EL qualifier yesterday and an easy 5-0 against Swiss second division side Vaduz (They are actually from Lichtenstein).

19-20-europaleague-fc-vaduz-eintracht-frankfurt-03.jpg

19-20-europaleague-fc-vaduz-eintracht-frankfurt-31.jpg

Return leg will be sold out as usual means Vaduz will play in a ground that holds more people than the total population of Lichtenstein.

Got to love Football.

On the weekend we play the first round of the DFB cup at our friends of Waldhof Mannheim. Going to be interesting, we don´t look particular good at the moment and Mannheim had a great start to their league campaign.

DFB-Pokal 1st round results so far, not too many upsets, some Bundesliga teams were struggleing at their games, but won nontheless (giant killing matches - no giants involved though)

Würzburger Kickers – TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 3 - 3, Hoffenheim win on penalties (5-4)
FSV Salmrohr – Holstein Kiel
VfB Germania Halberstadt – 1. FC Union Berlin
1. FC Kaiserslautern – 1. FSV Mainz 05 2 - 0
SV Rödinghausen – SC Paderborn
Hallescher FC – VfL Wolfsburg
SV Atlas Delmenhorst - SV Werder Bremen 1 - 6
KFC Uerdingen - Borussia Dortmund 0 - 2
SV Sandhausen - Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 1
Chemnitzer FC - Hamburger SV
SV Waldhof Mannheim - Eintracht Frankfurt
Alemannia Aachen - Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1 - 4
TuS Dassendorf - Dynamo Dresden 0 - 3
FC 08 Villingen - Fortuna Düsseldorf 1 - 3 aet
KSV Baunatal - VfL Bochum 2 - 3
FC Energie Cottbus - FC Bayern München
Karlsruher SC - Hannover 96
MSV Duisburg - SpVgg Greuther Fürth
FC Oberneuland - SV Darmstadt 98
SV Wehen Wiesbaden - 1. FC Köln
FC Hansa Rostock - VfB Stuttgart
1. FC Saarbrücken - SSV Jahn Regensburg
SV Drochtersen/Assel - FC Schalke 04 0 - 5
Viktoria Berlin - Arminia Bielefeld 0 -1
FC Ingolstadt - 1. FC Nürnberg 0 - 1
SC Verl - FC Augsburg 2 - 1
VfB Lübeck - FC St. Pauli
VfB Eichstätt - Hertha BSC
FSV Wacker 90 Nordhausen - FC Erzgebirge Aue 1 - 4
VfL Osnabrück - RB Leipzig
1. FC Magdeburg - SC Freiburg 0 - 1 aet
SSV Ulm 1846 Fußball - 1. FC Heidenheim 0-1

Lautern - Mainz was pretty tasty, Mainz for once showed up to a "derby" with 6000 away fans. They put on some show with pyro and flags and then when Lautern scored the 2-0 started throwing flares on the pitch and putting their own Q-Block banner on fire.

1-fc-kaiserslautern-mainz-05-dfb-pokal-2019-2020-29.jpg

1-fc-kaiserslautern-mainz-05-dfb-pokal-2019-2020-31.jpg

Mainz is such a weird club with such a strange fanbase. The matches against Frankfurt and Kaiserslautern are considered "Derby" by them, but this is a pretty one sided relationship as neither Frankfurt nor Lautern consider matches against Mainz to be derby worthy as they are so insignificant and laughable in the grand scheme of things.

Hope they fuck off to the second tier where they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.