Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
EIntracht was offering "season" tickets for the EL yesterday. Same as last year you basically had to commit to the games before knowing about the opponents we are playing/how far we get.

There were 40000 of those season tickets available (capacity is 48000 for the EL games) and it was a bloodbath with everything sold out within 3 hours.

As much as I enjoy that our fanbase shows this kind of commitment its a complete shower of shit in terms of getting a ticket. Sales started at 10:00 and servers pretty much went down immediately/were full which made getting tickets a lottery.

@citykev28: If you are coming over to Frankfurt you might want to aim for game against Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Paderborn etc. Might not be the most exciting ones in terms of opponents, but as they usually dont bring a lot of away fans you should be able to get tickets.

Will be much harder for more attractive opponents like Cologne, Union Berlin and the "top" clubs.

EIntracht was offering "season" tickets for the EL yesterday. Same as last year you basically had to commit to the games before knowing about the opponents we are playing/how far we get.

There were 40000 of those season tickets available (capacity is 48000 for the EL games) and it was a bloodbath with everything sold out within 3 hours.

As much as I enjoy that our fanbase shows this kind of commitment its a complete shower of shit in terms of getting a ticket. Sales started at 10:00 and servers pretty much went down immediately/were full which made getting tickets a lottery.

@citykev28: If you are coming over to Frankfurt you might want to aim for game against Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim, Paderborn etc. Might not be the most exciting ones in terms of opponents, but as they usually dont bring a lot of away fans you should be able to get tickets.

Will be much harder for more attractive opponents like Cologne, Union Berlin and the "top" clubs.
When the fixtures come out on Friday, we’re going to look for a weekend when 3/4 of Dortmund, Köln, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt etc are at home. We don’t mind who the opposition are, just want 2 or 3 games in a weekend. If one of the clubs play on the Friday, one Saturday and one Sunday it’d be perfect but I know we won’t know this until tv fixtures are announced.

The transfer-activities (or lack of) of Bayern Munich is interesting to me. The players Ribery, Robben, Rafinha and Hummels have left so far. Further they would like to sell Boateng, and Renato Sanches seems looking for a move. In - so far - has come Lucas Hernandez, Benjamin Pavard, who can both play CB and FB respectively, and a young guy called Jan-Fiete Arp who is forward but comes from a less than successful year in the 2nd Bundesliga. That means 2 things:

1. Bayern is really quite low on sheer numbers of players. They can just about field a starting 11 (strong admittedly), but getting to 16 gets fairly tricky. They are miles away from having 2 equally strong players for each position.
2. Their main problem areas are CB, DM and winger(s).

Point 2 explains why their are interested in Rodri and Sane. Rodri would free up Javi Martinez to help out in the central defence, and Sane would be 1 player who can play on both sides in the attack, solving Robben and Ribery at the same time.

At the moment Javi Martinez is the only pure play defensive midfielder, he is getting on a bit age-wise and seems not to be as mobile as he used to be.
Pavard looked like a talent when playing for France at the world cup, but last season he was simply very poor together with the rest of a poor Stuttgart side who was relegated in the end. There are severe doubts about whether he is really good enough for a European top team. Imagine an injury to for example Niklas Süle, and Bayern would have to play Hernandez and Pavard as CB pairing. That would not look to good in the CL. If you imagine a 2nd injury to either Kimmich or Alaba, well there is nobody who could cover as Pavard and Hernandez already are busy as CB pairing.
Wingers: Gnabry and Coman are great players, but in particular Coman always picks up an injury during a season, and then you have to use Müller, or Alphonso Davies who may be talented but also very young.
The only area which is staffed reasonably well is the central and offensive midfield, where they have Thiago, Tolisso and Goretzka (assuming Renato Sanches will go), but also that is about 1 player short of a comfortable situation.

On the back of all that I do not see Bayern spending too much on 1 single player like they would have to, to get Sane. They really need 4-5 players to get back to a reasonable squad size.
I predict they will go for Timo Werner from Leipzig (abandoning the plan to get him for free next year) and Yannick Carrasco who wants to leave China again.
I really hope City will keep Sane and finally secure Rodri, because that makes Bayerns job much harder :-)

I’ve been working on my “Possible Weekends” spreadsheet again. I’m more excited about tomorrow than when the Premier League fixtures came out.
I kind of figured this. Cannot wait myself, but coundowns drive me crazy.

https://cis.dflds.com/uploads/sites/2/2019/06/Spielplan_Bundesliga_2019-2020.pdf

https://cis.dflds.com/uploads/sites/2/2019/06/Spielplan_2.Bundesliga_2019-2020.pdf

Matchday 1

16.08.2019 - Fr 20:30 FC Bayern München Hertha BSC
17./18.08.2019 Borussia Dortmund FC Augsburg
17./18.08.2019 Bayer 04 Leverkusen SC Paderborn 07
17./18.08.2019 Borussia Mönchengladbach FC Schalke 04
17./18.08.2019 VfL Wolfsburg 1. FC Köln
17./18.08.2019 Eintracht Frankfurt TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
17./18.08.2019 SV Werder Bremen Fortuna Düsseldorf
17./18.08.2019 Sport-Club Freiburg 1. FSV Mainz 05
17./18.08.2019 1. FC Union Berlin RB Leipzig

MD2
23.-25.08.2019 RB Leipzig Eintracht Frankfurt
23.-25.08.2019 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim SV Werder Bremen
23.-25.08.2019 Fortuna Düsseldorf Bayer 04 Leverkusen
23.-25.08.2019 Hertha BSC VfL Wolfsburg
23.-25.08.2019 1. FSV Mainz 05 Borussia Mönchengladbach
23.-25.08.2019 FC Schalke 04 FC Bayern München
23.-25.08.2019 FC Augsburg 1. FC Union Berlin
23.-25.08.2019 1. FC Köln Borussia Dortmund
23.-25.08.2019 SC Paderborn 07 Sport-Club Freiburg

Last edited:
Nice and easy return to the Bundesliga for Cologne, a welcome gift of having to play Dortmund, Bayern, Schalke and Gladbach on the first 7 matchdays, ffs.

I'm a bit disappointed they've not reflected the tv changes/day splits for at least the opening weekend of each division.

I understand why but its frustrating that Dresden and Aue are never at home on the same weekend. Its difficult to get to that part of Germany, so to have to do it twice is a pain. I realise "have to" is only a pressure from myself though.

When are the 1st lot of tv fixture announcements?

Nice and easy return to the Bundesliga for Cologne, a welcome gift of having to play Dortmund, Bayern, Schalke and Gladbach on the first 7 matchdays, ffs.
You could view it as getting them out of the way with. Presumably your run in (finish to the season) isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.