Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bembeltown said:
Tbilisi said:
Just watching 1860 v St Pauli,can't believe how many St Pauli have travelled the length of Germany on a Monday night....don't like them after meeting some of them at Hamburg friendly but credit where it's due.

Not trying to discredit St.Pauli fans as they are a good set of supporters, but they have fans everywhere in Germany as they attract a lot of left wing folks who consider St.Pauli to be the "Rebel´s choice".

Wouldn't be surprised if the majority of fans in Munich is actually from the southern parts of Germany rather than Hamburg directly.

Thanks for that,I thought there had to be some kind of explanation.

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Talk though is cheap in football. I will start to believe German clubs when they actually sell a big name for a big price. Bayern are the only German club, who can actually hold on to their talent when foreign clubs come with big wages. He may not go to Dortmund, but recent history says he wont spend another 18 months at Schalke.

He won't go to Dortmund, because he likely does not see Dortmund as a big club. If the Barca captain can move to Madrid then with enough money anything is possible,

He won't go to Dortmund because he is Schalke through and through, this is not Spain, it has nothing to do with whether or not he sees Dortmund as a big club.
The Barcelona vs Madrid rivalry is bigger than anything in Germany and is far more political as is the situation with Bilboa. The same with Celtic and Rangers. If players can play or even move between these clubs they can definitely move between Schalke and Dortmund.

No one has mentioned the Santana transfer or the fact that an ex Dotmund player just captained Schalke last week. It seems people have quickly forgotten Lehmann as well here. Meyer has a minimum release clause, which is not likely to be more than 25 million euros. So let's stop with the pretense that rivalries in Germany are somehow so pure no player would move between clubs.

Great opportunity for Bayern to win another trophy tomorrow. Javi Martinez is not too bad at basketball.
Gundogan looks definitely off and Madrid most likely destination.

Big game between Gladbach and Wolfsburg for the CL places.

Santana: A central back no.3 at BVB, now no.4 at Schalke. Noone cares.
Lehmann is still not much respected by both, BVB and S04 fans.

supercrystal7 said:
bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Talk though is cheap in football. I will start to believe German clubs when they actually sell a big name for a big price. Bayern are the only German club, who can actually hold on to their talent when foreign clubs come with big wages. He may not go to Dortmund, but recent history says he wont spend another 18 months at Schalke.

He won't go to Dortmund, because he likely does not see Dortmund as a big club. If the Barca captain can move to Madrid then with enough money anything is possible,

He won't go to Dortmund because he is Schalke through and through, this is not Spain, it has nothing to do with whether or not he sees Dortmund as a big club.
The Barcelona vs Madrid rivalry is bigger than anything in Germany and is far more political as is the situation with Bilboa. The same with Celtic and Rangers. If players can play or even move between these clubs they can definitely move between Schalke and Dortmund.

No one has mentioned the Santana transfer or the fact that an ex Dotmund player just captained Schalke last week. It seems people have quickly forgotten Lehmann as well here. Meyer has a minimum release clause, which is not likely to be more than 25 million euros. So let's stop with the pretense that rivalries in Germany are somehow so pure no player would move between clubs.

Great opportunity for Bayern to win another trophy tomorrow. Javi Martinez is not too bad at basketball.
Gundogan looks definitely off and Madrid most likely destination.

Big game between Gladbach and Wolfsburg for the CL places.

I am not sure that Meyer has a release clause. It is not that having one is typical. With release clauses you cannot exclude anything - only if the player says so like Draxler did.

Santana was leaving Dortmund on a release clause. And he was a bench player. And not grown up in the area. That is important.

But the official of Schalke that would agree to a transfer from Schalke to Dortmund of a "normal" player - or especially of a homegrown player would get hell at Schalke.

Lehmann has been in Milan between Schalke and Dortmund.

And it is not only Martinez that is good in Basketball. Mandzukic is very good in it, too. Schweinsteiger, Müller and Neuer more than decent. They often played basketball for regeneration after the matches before Guardiola came in - he makes the usual training session with lower intensity as a regeneration.

I guess you talk about that video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8UiQVY5a6Y[/youtube]

Bayern set up a professional basketball team 3 years ago.

Why is no british team participating in the basketball euroleague?

What a comedy show? Some persons in Marrakesch probably cannot stop laughing...

Leverkusen plays away in Bremen, there were Bayern 2 weeks ago won 7:0 - and it is 0:1, Dortmund is down 1:2 against Hertha Berlin - 5 minutes to go...

Losses of Dortmund and Leverkusen...

Eintracht Frankfurt - Augsburg 1:1
Borussia Dortmund - Hertha BSC Berlin 1:2
Werder Bremen -Bayer 04 Leverkusen 1:0
SC Freiburg - Hannover 96
Hamburger SV - 1. FSV Mainz 05 2:3
Eintracht Braunschweig - 1899 Hoffenheim

at 17:30
1. FC Nürnberg - Schalke 04

Tomorrow
Bor. Mönchengladbach - VfL Wolfsburg

January 29th 2014
VfB Stuttgart - Bayern München

y2fyncwr.png

Maldeika said:
I am not sure that Meyer has a release clause. It is not that having one is typical. With release clauses you cannot exclude anything - only if the player says so like Draxler did.
The British press reported he had one of 15 million pounds before his new contract and he only increased it with the new one. Seems quite likely to me.
Santana was leaving Dortmund on a release clause. And he was a bench player. And not grown up in the area. That is important.
Still Schalke wanted him and he was an average player. Gundogan was born in Gelsenkirchen.
But the official of Schalke that would agree to a transfer from Schalke to Dortmund of a "normal" player - or especially of a homegrown player would get hell at Schalke.

Lehmann has been in Milan between Schalke and Dortmund.
He still moved and if they got 20 million pounds I think the majority of Schalke fans would be celebrating how they got a great deal for Meyer. Anyway it's not going to happen so no point really discussing it.
And it is not only Martinez that is good in Basketball. Mandzukic is very good in it, too. Schweinsteiger, Müller and Neuer more than decent. They often played basketball for regeneration after the matches before Guardiola came in - he makes the usual training session with lower intensity as a regeneration.
I guess you talk about that video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8UiQVY5a6Y[/youtube]

Bayern set up a professional basketball team 3 years ago.

Why is no british team participating in the basketball euroleague?

Basketball is not very popular here. Rugby and cricket are much bigger and what is played in schools.

Will watch the Dortmund game later, but see they lost again. Very poor result, but it seems some of their fans are blaming Reus. A complete joke that they blame him when he has figuratively carried that team on his back. Without him they would be out of the CL and in the bottom half of the Bundesliga. 12 goals and 11 assist is an incredible return for a number 11. It's embarrassing Dortmund fans would even consider swapping him for Kagawa + money.

Dortmund are suffering because the board and Klopp got it wrong. The injuries not helping. Mkhitaryan and Aubemayang were poor signings and they massively lack creativity. The lack of depth leaves them physically and mentally tired. Lastly the bad luck with injuries and a tough champions league does not help.

Schalke continue to be pathetic. How much longer can Keller keep his job? I got home and tried watching the match, but it was so poor I turned it off.

Leverkusen lose and it seems that the laws of average are catching up with them. They are really not that good and by rights should be no better than fifth.

The race for the title is over, but the race for the top four is going to be very exciting. Not sure, who will grab the places, but unless Schalke get a new manager I expect they will be the ones to miss out.

Gündogan only played for Schalke with 8 or 9 even if he is born in Gelsenkirchen. They sorted him out pretty early there. Then he has a history of other Gelsenkirchen clubs, final youth years in Bochum and then Nürnberg.

I am with you when it means Dortmund. Yes, they have an injury crisis - but the problems are not really in defense (they had them with the normal setup, too) but with the creativity of the offensive positions. They lost against rank 1 to 6. But actually they even are 2 points better than last year - just Leverkusen is 4 points better and Bayern probably 5 (they have a match less).

Reus gets blamed for being Reus. He is the ideal player for their usualy match plan - fast breaking and counter attacking - but not when the opposition is better organized. That is why I usually shake my head when fans of other clubs with different match plans want a transfer of him. In other matches he just shines with freekicks. But - the players they bought for the offense now even excel more for that one match plan and when they have space but not for others.

Maldeika said:
Gündogan only played for Schalke with 8 or 9 even if he is born in Gelsenkirchen. They sorted him out pretty early there. Then he has a history of other Gelsenkirchen clubs, final youth years in Bochum and then Nürnberg.

I am with you when it means Dortmund. Yes, they have an injury crisis - but the problems are not really in defense (they had them with the normal setup, too) but with the creativity of the offensive positions. They lost against rank 1 to 6. But actually they even are 2 points better than last year - just Leverkusen is 4 points better and Bayern probably 5 (they have a match less).

Reus gets blamed for being Reus. He is the ideal player for their usualy match plan - fast breaking and counter attacking - but not when the opposition is better organized. That is why I usually shake my head when fans of other clubs with different match plans want a transfer of him. In other matches he just shines with freekicks. But - the players they bought for the offense now even excel more for that one match plan and when they have space but not for others.
I think the Bundesliga is in transition this year. Wolfsburg and Stuttgart are bleeding a lot of youngsters. Hamburg still cannot defend and Schalke still have the worst coach in the league. This is why weaker teams than last year can gain so many points.

I disagree with you about Reus though. Even when teams sit deep he can still be effective, but he needs a clever play to play him in. Reus is a more technical version of Ljundberg. Great on the counter, but still dangerous latching on to through balls. At Dortmund with no creativity he is going to suffer. Walcott is just a poor man's version of Reus and he is still very dangerous at Arsenal, because of his ability to run in behind. Also don't understand why he does not just cut it on the left and cross the ball more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.