Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BayernMan said:
Muller vs Neymar :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SHx91pVCYA[/youtube]
Great advert and I am a huge Muller fan, but would have thought that Goetze would be used as Neymar's rival.

supercrystal7 said:
Great advert and I am a huge Muller fan, but would have thought that Goetze would be used as Neymar's rival.

I can understand why you can think that - when it would be about talent against talent. But it is not - and there is more background to it.

First - that is a big advertising campaign of Volkswagen in Germany running on television since December 23rd. It started with a Xmas speech of the "football minister" Pele who praises Germany's football and mentality that adopted even some brazilian ways now - asks the German to play less good in the World Cup and wishes Germany every luck in 2018! Then Volkswagen wishes Germany everything good in 2014. At the end in the parking lot Pele says that the Germans will be alright with this, that they do not have to be the best in everything - and that they already build the best cars. The Neymar-Müller spot is the second of the series - with more to follow - Pele, Neymar and Müller as the main characters. I do not know if they do similar advertisings for the Brazilian TV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_id4EmF4mE[/youtube]

I do not know if they will do similar spots in Brazil. Volkswagen is manufacturing in Brazil since 1953, the Brazilian plants for a long time have been the second biggest for Volkswagen in the world (until the Asian boom started and the plants in China have been built) and Volkswagen and Fiat head-on-head produce the most cars for Brazil.

Neymar and Pele are representatives for Volkswagen in Brazil.

Now - why Müller? Actually Müller is connected with Audi through the contract of FCB - and Audi used him as a front person during the Asian trips as he (after Robben who is known through his time at Chelsea there) is popular there especially with the young people because of his World Cup golden boot... I do not think that they liked to "give him to Volkswagen" for this campaign as they cannot use him for themselves now.

The advertising is in normal TV - it is not to affect only the usual football crowd but also the ones that are just viewers at the big events or even the non-football-crowd. It is not about football skills. Müller because of the World Cup etc. is known better to the normal German than e.g. a Götze or Reus. And he is somehow stands more for the "German" especially in footballing terms.

Volkswagen is not the car sponsor of the German national team. That is Mercedes. They have single contracts with Götze and Höwedes since about 2 years. Mercedes took this players out of the German players as e.g. the Bayern players are connected to Audi. Because of this the campaign would not be possible with Götze.

There would be another one - Özil. He has an agency that tries to "build" a brand... 1Ö... - but somehow the big advertising contracts apart from the shoe contract do not come to him but others. Maybe the problem is if you have to create an image to be somebody. (I like Özil as a footballer - but off the field I do not see much substance).

If you like Müller you might like that - only scenes of this and the last season...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCW7V1FaabU[/youtube]

Thanks for the video. Good to see the clips of Mueller.

Seems the German transfer window is going to be fairly quiet.

Volland and Draxler are getting lots of attention, but for me Werner and Meyer are the bigger talents.

More reports that the Gundogan deal is virtually done. A poor deal. I would be surprised if he went for more than 20 million, which is a ludicrous price for a 23 year old, who had just played in the Champions League final. Will be a real struggle for them to hold onto Hummels and Reus now. You can't blame them for leaving in the summer.

supercrystal7 said:
More reports that the Gundogan deal is virtually done. A poor deal. I would be surprised if he went for more than 20 million, which is a ludicrous price for a 23 year old, who had just played in the Champions League final. Will be a real struggle for them to hold onto Hummels and Reus now. You can't blame them for leaving in the summer.

Where do you have that from? Gündogan's father today told that there was no contact with Real and that the first talks are with Dortmund.

Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:

Where do you have that from? Gündogan's father today told that there was no contact with Real and that the first talks are with Dortmund.
Reports from Marca, which is the Madrid propaganda paper. That apart Gundogan has often been to Spain, won't sign his contract and has a year left. I don't think there can be any doubt he will be off. Replacing him will be a lot more difficult than replacing Lewandowski.

Dortmund should focus first on being debt free. They should do nothing to endanger the club. After that they need to keep Reus and Hummels above all. The fans there are obsessed with Kagawa, but he was not as good as they think. I think too many fans were enamoured with winning the league that they think the team was made up of super stars. They forget they came bottom of the group and it was last year's team which was one of the best in Europe. 2 years on the bench and they will be as pleased with Kagawa as they are with Sahin.

Whether it's possible or not Werner, Meyer and Rosicky would be signings they need. A short term replacement for Lewandowski like Ramos whilst Werner learns his trade and a Gundogan replacement would be brilliant too. If I was Dortmund would sell Mkhitaryan to a Premiership club for a decent offer over 20 million pounds.

On the Bayern front I see Kirchoff has been loaned out. Good for his development. Is Badstuber still injured?

Badstuber is still out yes. I can't remember at the moment when he'll be able to start training, but we won't see him in the second half of the season. If all goes well he should be with the team after the WC, hopefully all the injuries are behind him now!

As for the Gundogan rumours, I read something yesterday, however it was Spanish "April Fools" yesterday so don't believe anything you read from there. Gundogan's father said today that this was all bollocks and Dortmund would be the first team they will talk to.

Rotweiss said:
Badstuber is still out yes. I can't remember at the moment when he'll be able to start training, but we won't see him in the second half of the season. If all goes well he should be with the team after the WC, hopefully all the injuries are behind him now!

As for the Gundogan rumours, I read something yesterday, however it was Spanish "April Fools" yesterday so don't believe anything you read from there. Gundogan's father said today that this was all bollocks and Dortmund would be the first team they will talk to.
Shame he is still out, but as long as he comes back fully fit.

There is too much smoke regarding Gundogan and he still has not signed his contract. Dortmund have not learnt about letting players wind down their contracts. I would be very, very surprised if Gundogan extends. The question is whether Madrid have decided on him more than does he want to leave. Seems to me like the article was to gauge public reaction to the signing of Gundogan.

supercrystal7 said:
Rotweiss said:

Shame he is still out, but as long as he comes back fully fit.

There is too much smoke regarding Gundogan and he still has not signed his contract. Dortmund have not learnt about letting players wind down their contracts. I would be very, very surprised if Gundogan extends. The question is whether Madrid have decided on him more than does he want to leave. Seems to me like the article was to gauge public reaction to the signing of Gundogan.

Bad management in a German club, shocker! I'm slowly starting to believe he is also Madrid bound, which is a shame. That club is such a circus and they'll throw him away the moment they find their next big thing or some Spanish kid.

A lot can happen though, he may decide to stay and surprise us all, however most Dortmund fans I've talked to are under the opinion that he is most certainly leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.