Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
supercrystal7 said:
Hummels was a kid when he left and not the player he was now. At the end of the day I think Castiel is right. Big players move around in Italy, but there is no lack of belief that they can establish themselves as one of the top clubs. In Germany especially Schalke and Dortmund don't seem to be able to convince their players of this. Look at Schalke: they got to the second round of the champions league last year, will probably make the second round this year, have a 60k stadium and some of the best youngsters in Europe. Instead of aiming to compete in the future, their players are already planning to leave. Compare Draxler with Bale. When you look at things they are/were both in similar situations. Bale left at 24, but everyone would be shocked if Draxler is at Schalke after his 22nd birthday. Holtby, though no where near the class of Draxler, is another example. Not only are the players leaving to early, they don't give their clubs the chance to grow. Gotze is another example. He is just 21.

yhp, star at Dortmund or sit on the bench at Bayern, tough call.

When people use that argument against us, we say that it's to strengthen the squad. Why is it different for Bayern? I don't see why they're getting abuse for going after the players which suit them best, isn't that how you get better?

That's like us signing Rooney and Kagawa and leaving them on the bench.

We don't do that.

ManCitizens. said:
I really don't understand why Bayern fans can't accept what people are saying. This summer you've signed Barcelona's best youngster and Dortmund's best youngster. Last year both of those teams made the CL semi finals at least, one of them won La Liga. Dortmund have signed Sahin on loan and 2 players from Etienne and Shakhtar, there's a big difference.

Are you blind? I don't blame your club for trying too improve whilst weakening rivals, but don't deny it.

Is Dortmund a rival? For what? I always hear of them that Bayern is too far away and that they are just an underdog competing with the rest of the league. Bayern for sure did not buy Götze or Thiago to weaken their opponent - but to secure their own future. And Dortmund would have bought players from other German clubs if they would have gotten a decent player they would have wanted. Out of the same purpose and not to weaken them.

Götze is a big talent that was available because of his clause - not only Bayern knew of it - others, too. Bayern would have been stupid not to go for it... But they would have gone for him as well if he would have played for any other German club...

Did you get Nasri from Arsenal to weaken them? Or did ManU buy van Persie out of that reason?

Götze will not sit on the bench - but he will not be a guaranteed starter this season. But somewhen in the future he for sure will be. Götze was not bought to strenghten the squad now but in future as there is much he promises to be.

Maybe a part of an article about that topic I just am reading:
But on second thought, are Bayern really a team for the purists? A few Bayern detractors and casual observers of the game oppose this view. Many believe that the Bavarians hold some sort of a monopoly over the Bundesliga; the Big Bad Bayern who are able to sign any player from their nearest domestic rivals at their will. This illusion was largely created by the intense English media scrutiny surrounding Mario Gotze’s controversial transfer to Bayern Munich and the eventual transfer of Robert Lewandowski to the Allianz in 2014.

While the non-German audience may buy into this tripe, a keen observer of German football will tell you that, aside from these two transfers that were largely induced by the arrival of highly-rated Pep Guardiola himself, Bayern have often struggled to get players from their domestic rivals. In 2011 Bayern had a verbal agreement with midfield star Arturo Vidal, but Leverkusen refused to sell. Die Workself rejected Bayern’s lucrative offer and instead accepted a lower offer from Juventus. Bayern also failed in their attempts to sign Lars Bender and Marco Reus. Leverkusen resolutely refused any advances from Bayern over Bender while Reus snubbed Bayern and opted to sign for Dortmund instead. Dortmund themselves have signed their fare share of players from fellow domestic sides while Wolfsburg, Frankfurt, Bremen and Gladbach’s successful transfer raids collectively decimated Freiburg’s team that finished in a Europa League spot last season. Teams signing players from weaker teams in the Bundesliga, as in any other league, is nothing new and is not exclusive to the Bavarians.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
yhp, star at Dortmund or sit on the bench at Bayern, tough call.

When people use that argument against us, we say that it's to strengthen the squad. Why is it different for Bayern? I don't see why they're getting abuse for going after the players which suit them best, isn't that how you get better?

We don't do that.

Well, we signed Adebayor, Kolo and Nasri, and wanted RVP badly. The three players we did sign haven't exactly become iconic players for us have they?

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

We don't do that.

Well, we signed Adebayor, Kolo and Nasri, and wanted RVP badly. The three players we did sign haven't exactly become iconic players for us have they?

no but they all played regularly.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

We don't do that.

Not as regularly as they were at Arsenal. They went from being key players there to being squad players here, which is the point being made really.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Not as regularly as they were at Arsenal. They went from being key players there to being squad players here, which is the point being made really.

only through their own lack of performance, I don't think the same can be said of Gotze.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

only through their own lack of performance, I don't think the same can be said of Gotze.

Maybe in the case of Kolo, but Nasri was inferior to Silva and Adebayor was inferior to Tevez. Similarly, Gotze is inferior to Muller, Robert and, on current form, Robben.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Maybe in the case of Kolo, but Nasri was inferior to Silva and Adebayor was inferior to Tevez. Similarly, Gotze is inferior to Muller, Robert and, on current form, Robben.

so that's 4th choice then? Sounds like a bit of a Scott Parker from Charlton move.

Ade was on fire when he first started, he quickly decided he couldn't be arsed. His only real competition behind him was Santa Cruz in that first season.

You can have more than one creative player as Nasri and Silva have proved. 64 games in just over 2 seasons shows to me he's played pretty regularly.

ManCitizens. said:
I really don't understand why Bayern fans can't accept what people are saying. This summer you've signed Barcelona's best youngster and Dortmund's best youngster. Last year both of those teams made the CL semi finals at least, one of them won La Liga. Dortmund have signed Sahin on loan and 2 players from Etienne and Shakhtar, there's a big difference.

Are you blind? I don't blame your club for trying too improve whilst weakening rivals, but don't deny it.

Didn't you weaken Arsenal ? The best players often come from the best teams, where are the top English clubs or the likes of Real, PSG, Monaco signing their players from ?<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 am --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Götze is on the bench because he has been out injured since the Chelsea game, not because he can't get in the side.

Is someone really thinking we bought Götze for a huge amount of money, made him the best paid player in the team, just to weaken Dortmund and then bench him? He's the biggest German talent since Matthäus ffs. And he was injured for months, missed pre-season and again got injured when Ramires hacked him down in the Supercup against Chelsea.

What's with all the hate against Götze? When he missed the CL final, lots of people on here were talking about him faking the injury, so that he doesn't need to play against Bayern. Now after everyone has seen how serious his injuries were, the new conspiracy theory appears, which again ignores his injury record? What a load of nonsense. If Götze stays fit, he will be a starter for Bayern in the second half of the season and he will improve the team further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.