Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh shame I missed it.

Question on Lewandoski. I have noticed a change in his attitude in recent weeks. He seems up for the fight and really committed to the team. Reports today saying he has been offered to clubs in January for 7 million. As far as I see it things could be going one of two ways.
1. He has been told he can leave in January and is trying to impress.
2. He has had a change of mind and realises he can build something special at Dortmund.

supercrystal7 said:
Yeh shame I missed it.

Question on Lewandoski. I have noticed a change in his attitude in recent weeks. He seems up for the fight and really committed to the team. Reports today saying he has been offered to clubs in January for 7 million. As far as I see it things could be going one of two ways.
2. He has had a change of mind and realises he can build something special at Dortmund.
Still think he's going to Bayern in the summer, there's just no reason to waste a year of his career in which he can win everything by being a lazy arrogant idiot. Klopp probably handled the drama very well and convinced him and the squad that they need to stick together and perform as they always have. His massive pay-rise for the final year probably helped as well.

supercrystal7 said:
Yeh shame I missed it.

I'm pretty sure he will leave but doubt it will be before summer though it will almost certainly be announced in the winter break.
Whether he joins us or not I've no idea. Seemingly there is an agreement but we also hear that Pep is not interested so nobody really knows. He has stated that he intends giving 100 per cent for Dortmund as long as he is there.

bayern blade said:
supercrystal7 said:
Yeh shame I missed it.

I'm pretty sure he will leave but doubt it will be before summer though it will almost certainly be announced in the winter break.
Whether he joins us or not I've no idea. Seemingly there is an agreement but we also hear that Pep is not interested so nobody really knows. He has stated that he intends giving 100 per cent for Dortmund as long as he is there.

I don't see Pep wanting him that's the thing, but no question his attitude has changed in recent weeks. Whether it's just him no longer sulking about the summer or something new happening I am not sure. As for him leaving I am not convinced. If Dortmund are challenging Bayern and top of their group with an easier away tie in the CL, I think he may yet be convinced.

Dortmund will likely add someone in January, but they need to make the right decision. Their two summer signings De Bruyne and Kagawa are available and probably for a reasonable price, but with young Hoffman it would be better for them to break the bank. Trying to get Mata for say 30 is the move they should make. This is a big year and new super powers in Europe could emerge. It's worth the gamble.

Lewa is certainly a player Pep likes in my opinion. Works hard on and off the ball, has a great touch and passing, and scores a lot.

As for Mata, i don't think he'll fit in at Dortmund. He is an amazing player but their system won't suit him at all. I think they might try going for De Bruyne.

supercrystal7 said:
Dortmund will likely add someone in January, but they need to make the right decision. Their two summer signings De Bruyne and Kagawa are available and probably for a reasonable price, but with young Hoffman it would be better for them to break the bank. Trying to get Mata for say 30 is the move they should make. This is a big year and new super powers in Europe could emerge. It's worth the gamble.
Mata is clearly the wrong player for Klopp's idea of football. If Gündogan doesn't sign a new contract, they need a CM (not sure if Kehl is staying either) and they need a striker. Highly doubt they sign an AM unless Kagawa is available for a reasonable fee and wants to go back.

just lying in my hotel room after a class weekend taking in the leverkusen and monchengladbach games

seen some top football with even better atmospheres and drank far too much beer :)

English football could learn a lot from Germany!

JollyGood said:
supercrystal7 said:
Mata is clearly the wrong player for Klopp's idea of football. If Gündogan doesn't sign a new contract, they need a CM (not sure if Kehl is staying either) and they need a striker. Highly doubt they sign an AM unless Kagawa is available for a reasonable fee and wants to go back.
Rotweiss said:
Lewa is certainly a player Pep likes in my opinion. Works hard on and off the ball, has a great touch and passing, and scores a lot.

As for Mata, i don't think he'll fit in at Dortmund. He is an amazing player but their system won't suit him at all. I think they might try going for De Bruyne.

Lewandowski does not have a great touch when it comes to Pep's very high standards or great technique. His technique is very good, but it's not on the level of guys like Zlatan, Villa or even Etoo and Pep managed to fall out with all of them. Gotze playing the False 9 role seems a strong possibility or at least trying to convert Muller into a striker.

As for Mata he is exactly what Dortmund need since as they grow as a club, they must evolve. Most teams are going to just sit back against them and they need creativity to break them down. They also need a 'big name' to convince a few of their players that the club has the right ambition.

It's more likely for Muller to play upfront rather than Gotze in my opinion. Though it's early to tell as Gotze is just coming off from injuries and I'm pretty sure Pep will try and play him as the false 9 as well. We'll see what happens, but Lewandowski rejected so many offers in the summer just so he could come to Bayern. I'm sure we've already given him our word and can't see him going anywhere else.

Again, you are right about teams trying to sit deep against Dortmund sometimes. I still don't think they will try for Mata. He won't come cheap and they already have Mkhitaryan to play as a 10. They will need a CM no doubt, I think De Bryune fits that role for them.

supercrystal7 said:
Lewandowski does not have a great touch when it comes to Pep's very high standards or great technique. His technique is very good, but it's not on the level of guys like Zlatan, Villa or even Etoo and Pep managed to fall out with all of them. Gotze playing the False 9 role seems a strong possibility or at least trying to convert Muller into a striker.

As for Mata he is exactly what Dortmund need since as they grow as a club, they must evolve. Most teams are going to just sit back against them and they need creativity to break them down. They also need a 'big name' to convince a few of their players that the club has the right ambition.
Villa didn't fall out with Pep, and Zlatan and Eto'o didn't leave because their technique wasn't good enough. Pep found a way to use Mandzukic and publicly stated that he loves him and his style of play, so I don't see the problem with Lewandowski. If he keeps up his workrate, he will find an important place in the team.

As for Mata, he is clearly not what Dortmund need. Teams are already parking the bus against them and Dortmund are still cutting them open without problems most of the time. They certainly won't buy a 'superstar' because of his name, especially not if he's mainly needed against small teams, but doesn't fit in the manager's idea of how to play against the top teams in Europe. If they want to keep their players, they need to pay higher wages. As long as Barca, Real, City, Chelsea, United, PSG and Bayern pay twice or three times as much, players will leave. They are competitive and showed ambition in the transfermarket, but they need at least another 4-5 years consistent success (top 3 in the league, regular CL quarterfinals) until they maybe have a big enough revenue to compete with the top 6 teams in Europe when it comes to wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.