Bundesliga review part 2. the new one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:
Ruhr said:
The Bundesliga plays with 18 teams since 1965. And even when east german football had to be integrated (and that would have been a good reason) it was only one year with 20 clubs. It´s never been a big topic among clubs or fans. (let´s not talk about Beckenbauer)
And the Bundesliga association DFL represents all 36 clubs and they never made a move in that direction. No, instead they had reintroduced play-offs and had taken away a guaranteed promotion spot from Bundesliga 2.
I don´t know if Sky would really pay much more to see Fürth or Paderborn in the Bundesliga. Otherwise the current revenues had to be shared among 20 clubs. Not a good idea.
The only funny thing is that climate change is starting to shift the winter more into february and march outside the winter break.
I remember hearing that something like 19 teams voted no, 13 yes and 4 did not mind back in 2005. So I think it was brought up, especially because Italy were making the switch. It does seem like nobody seems to care either way, though like my friend when brought up some think it's a good thing.

Sky are not paying more just to see Furth and Paderborn in the league, they along with other TV networks are going to pay more to see Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund etc play 4 more times. The clubs would also a profit on the two extra home matches. I would assume that every club in the Bundesliga still makes a profit on matchday.

Bayern and Bremen seemed to have been the biggest pushers for this back then. They were probably desperate for a way to increase revenue so they could compete in Europe. That has changed so I doubt Bayern would be in favour now. They probably don't want to do any thing that rocks the boat.

Anyway it's a moot point. Germany either does not care or does not want it so not much point discussing it.

Frankfurt were the biggest pushers for it then. And it ended 6:12. The big clubs did not want it as they see the schedule their players already had.

And do not recite Beckenbauer if you want to be taken serious. Even the Fourfourtwo now has found that out... (they made a big Bayern Munich story in their current magazine - is a good read)

... there is also honory president Franz Beckenbauer. He is no longer involved in the decision-making process, but he remains a constant presence in the media. Particulary the foreign press loves to quote him because he will sometimes voice strong opinions. They don't have any relevance whatsever, because Germans know that the man everybody calls the Kaiser is equally quick to change his opinion..."
It's not going to happen, but out of interest, which way did Bayern vote then? As for Beckenbauer, I am aware that he has also said players play too much, but it is the dilemma between playing too much and having enough money to compete/giving the smaller clubs a chance to compete.

I repeat if the fans of the Bundesliga are happy then that's the most important thing. Would rather talk about football or even transfer speculation than something, which is not wanted.

supercrystal7 said:
Maldeika said:
supercrystal7 said:
I remember hearing that something like 19 teams voted no, 13 yes and 4 did not mind back in 2005. So I think it was brought up, especially because Italy were making the switch. It does seem like nobody seems to care either way, though like my friend when brought up some think it's a good thing.

Sky are not paying more just to see Furth and Paderborn in the league, they along with other TV networks are going to pay more to see Bayern, Schalke, Dortmund etc play 4 more times. The clubs would also a profit on the two extra home matches. I would assume that every club in the Bundesliga still makes a profit on matchday.

Bayern and Bremen seemed to have been the biggest pushers for this back then. They were probably desperate for a way to increase revenue so they could compete in Europe. That has changed so I doubt Bayern would be in favour now. They probably don't want to do any thing that rocks the boat.

Anyway it's a moot point. Germany either does not care or does not want it so not much point discussing it.

Frankfurt were the biggest pushers for it then. And it ended 6:12. The big clubs did not want it as they see the schedule their players already had.

And do not recite Beckenbauer if you want to be taken serious. Even the Fourfourtwo now has found that out... (they made a big Bayern Munich story in their current magazine - is a good read)

... there is also honory president Franz Beckenbauer. He is no longer involved in the decision-making process, but he remains a constant presence in the media. Particulary the foreign press loves to quote him because he will sometimes voice strong opinions. They don't have any relevance whatsever, because Germans know that the man everybody calls the Kaiser is equally quick to change his opinion..."
It's not going to happen, but out of interest, which way did Bayern vote then? As for Beckenbauer, I am aware that he has also said players play too much, but it is the dilemma between playing too much and having enough money to compete/giving the smaller clubs a chance to compete.

I repeat if the fans of the Bundesliga are happy then that's the most important thing. Would rather talk about football or even transfer speculation than something, which is not wanted.

Having more matches does not close the gap between the smaller clubs - it only increases the number of matches with "smaller opponents" for all teams - and gives two more clubs, that would not have eligible for the top club the chance. Four matches more against minors - a shorter or no winter break to make that possible - more matches in the less attractive time of the year - the question is if it would bring a financial benefit at all as additional matches mean additional costs, too. I do not think that e.g. Sky could raise its prizes because of that. And I do not think that you could raise the season tickets much because of additional matches against the 19th and 20th. I am not talking about Dortmund or Bayern - both clubs do not set their ticket prices on the level they could - but others do.

I do not know how Bayern voted - but I cannot imagine that the voted in favour of it. If they would other clubs would have followed - that is just the way it is. The participants of the international competitions or the top clubs would be the ones that would have to carry an additional load because of it - and especially the players already run near the limit. Bayern now has increased the squad size - but the other top clubs in Germany still run on a too small competitive squad.

But let us leave that topic. It is just like a lot of things are - every league and country has its traditions and rules.

The last time the league was expanded from 16 to 18 in 65 was to avoid the relegation of Schalke. That is the only reason for 20 clubs i can imagine at all :-)

Do you lot think it would be fair to compare Draxler to Nasri, in the way they play? Whenever I've seen him, I always imagine Nasri in that position, making the same decisions.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Do you lot think it would be fair to compare Draxler to Nasri, in the way they play? Whenever I've seen him, I always imagine Nasri in that position, making the same decisions.
No not really. If I could think of any player similar to Draxler it would be Hazard last season. Different body types though. Draxler being tall and wiry. Similar build to Cristiano.

I think a bid of around 25 million+Podolski is worth a try for Arsenal.

Wolfsburg look like they will get a CL place. De Bruyne would be a great signing for them and think it will push them ahead of Schalke and Gladbach.

Gundogan still looks like he is definitely going in the summer and the price could be as low as 20 million euros which is laughably low.

If I was Schalke I would sell Draxler and Meyer for around 60 million pounds for the pair of them. They have by far the best youth academy in Germany and should use the money to clear their debts. An attack of Sidney Sam, Farfan, Boateng, Huntelaar and Podoloski would impressive along with the 50 odd million they would have in the bank. Could get Holtby back too.

Good news for Suttgart in Wener stating he wants to sign a new contract.

supercrystal7 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
No not really. If I could think of any player similar to Draxler it would be Hazard last season. Different body types though. Draxler being tall and wiry. Similar build to Cristiano.

I think a bid of around 25 million+Podolski is worth a try for Arsenal.

Wolfsburg look like they will get a CL place. De Bruyne would be a great signing for them and think it will push them ahead of Schalke and Gladbach.

Gundogan still looks like he is definitely going in the summer and the price could be as low as 20 million euros which is laughably low.

If I was Schalke I would sell Draxler and Meyer for around 60 million pounds for the pair of them. They have by far the best youth academy in Germany and should use the money to clear their debts. An attack of Sidney Sam, Farfan, Boateng, Huntelaar and Podoloski would impressive along with the 50 odd million they would have in the bank. Could get Holtby back too.

Good news for Suttgart in Wener stating he wants to sign a new contract.

I still think it is too early for Draxler. And I think that he did not really live up to the expectations until now. Don't forget that he is already starting his fourth year in the Bundesliga - for that his output ain't really in the top talent category.

Meyer - for him it is too early. The EPL ain't a league in which a talent can grow - not in a top club.

Maldeika said:
I still think it is too early for Draxler. And I think that he did not really live up to the expectations until now. Don't forget that he is already starting his fourth year in the Bundesliga - for that his output ain't really in the top talent category.

Meyer - for him it is too early. The EPL ain't a league in which a talent can grow - not in a top club.
Draxler is just 20. He is doing fine for someone so young. As you would expect of a youngster he has not yet developed consistency. Still he has already stood up and been counted in some of their big matches like the Basel game away or the CL qualifier. I question his attitude at the moment. He seems to think he is better than he is and definitely does not work hard enough for the team. I think he more than any of the German youngsters needs a strong manager. When you judge Draxler you have to take into account what a poor manager Keller is.

I don't see why it's too early for Meyer? He is a special talent and as long as he is not overplayed will do fine anywhere. The key for him is to move to a club with stability. Either the manager must have control and like him or the owner must, preferably both.

Why is the Premiership not a league for talent to grow? In very recent years we have Hazard, Oscar, Ramsay, Walcott and Wilshere develop. Not too long ago we had RVP, Robben and Torres. Actually the high amount of games and the League Cup means we have a greater opportunity to bleed youngsters than in other leagues.

A bit suspicious that Hummels is having Spanish lessons. I don't think there is any secret that Barca want him. Luiz might be their first choice, but they could be in for Hummels and Gundogan in the summer.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dortmund's answer to losing Lewandowski is Ji-Dong Won? I mean, seriously?!
I doubt he'll be the only striker they get. Volland is a name that comes up often, so I think he might be the other one.

From what I've read this Korean dude did well while on loan at Augsburg though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.