Bundesliga Thread - 2023/24

It’s not even just invincible and a treble, if they pull of wins in the other two comps, it’s an invincible treble as well
Incredible season by Leverkeusen.
Teams who have been undefeated in a season in a top flight league are rare but Perugia went undefeated in 78- 79 season but didn't win their league. 30 game season.

D17PU1rWsAA3kN3.png

Teams who have been undefeated in a season in a top flight league are rare but Perugia went undefeated in 78- 79 season but didn't win their league. 30 game season.

View attachment 119953
Another example of why winning the most points is superior to never losing.

Still a great achievement from Leverkusen, though, as they did it whilst winning the league.

Talks ongoing and positive between Bayern and Kompany. I can’t get my head round that. I remember some on here touting him as Pep’s replacement before he’d even done anything other than promotion.

He’s just been relegated, and here are a club as big as Bayern wanting to appoint him. Completely out of left field that.

View attachment 119953
Drew nearly two thirds of their games. And won six games fewer than the eventual champions. With that amount of points tossed away, they done well to finish within three points of Milan. By the way; 44 points enough to win the league? Even in a 30 game season, that's crazy. 1.46 points per game. That's 55 points over 38 games. "The World's Greatest Club"™ finished on 60 points, which got them 8th place.

We averaged just under 2.4 ppg, by the way.

Drew nearly two thirds of their games. And won six games fewer than the eventual champions. With that amount of points tossed away, they done well to finish within three points of Milan. By the way; 44 points enough to win the league? Even in a 30 game season, that's crazy. 1.46 points per game. That's 55 points over 38 games. "The World's Greatest Club"™ finished on 60 points, which got them 8th place.

We averaged just under 2.4 ppg, by the way.
Wasn't it 2 points per win?

Kompany speaks German and has played in the Bundesliga. I’m otherwise beyond speechless that they’d consider him when his stock isn’t particularly high.

The original point wasn’t how high their average was though, it was just that they went unbeaten but finished second.
Which I addressed in my original reply. Or so I thought. Going unbeaten is a phenomenal achievement; ask any Arsenal fan, and they'll confirm it! I was in no way denigrating (sp?) what they did. It was the poster who first brought their unbeaten season to our attention who pointed out that they didn't win the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.