Bundesliga Thread - 2023/24

We actually got relegated in 2001 again so you must have seen us when we just got freshly relegated and played in Buli2 for the second time.
Warst Du an der Alten Försterei im Oktober 2001?

0-4 Frankfurt.

I tried to get in to the home end, but it was sold out, so I walked around to the away end, and got in, no trouble.

A very enjoyable afternoon. The atmosphere in the Frankfurt end was fantastic.

Warst Du an der Alten Försterei im Oktober 2001?

0-4 Frankfurt.

I tried to get in to the home end, but it was sold out, so I walked around to the away end, and got in, no trouble.

A very enjoyable afternoon. The atmosphere in the Frankfurt end was fantastic.
Nope, I was not at this specific game! It's funny how you mention the atmosphere, as our first and second relegation did wonders for us in terms of atmosphere.

Prior to our first relegation the atmosphere at Frankfurt was really bad like everywhere in Germany, but when we got relegated Ultras Frankfurt got formed in 1997 and adopted the Italian style of support. The hardcore fans moved from the official fan section "g block" to the roofed section right next to it and it was carnage.

It revitalised the whole fan scene back then as it felt like a new start. In terms of football the times were really bleak but in terms of support everyone was looking at what Frankfurt did. First they laughed and made fun of it and then we started with the first tifos, longer singing and all the choreographed stuff you lot love to hate! ;-) Shortly after the new style of support could be seen everywhere in Germany.

Union Fans are a really decent bunch by the way. Yes they can be a bit annoying with their "our way is the right way" attitude just like St. Pauli, but when we played there in 2012 (yes, relegated again....) we were not allowed to bring away fans.

But there were tons of Frankfurt fans going anyway and Union Fans helped us get tickets for the section next to the away end and Frankfurt fans went there incognito.

Not long until Union fans started to chant "let them over" and "the wall needs to go" ( both popular chants used during the fall of the Berlin wall). Then the security gave up, Frankfurt fans were breaking through the fences, climbing over them to get to the away action and a normal looking away section was restored. :-)

Followed by chants against the German football association by both sides.

I doubt that this sort of solidarity amongst rival fans is something you would see in England.

Nope, I was not at this specific game! It's funny how you mention the atmosphere, as our first and second relegation did wonders for us in terms of atmosphere.

Prior to our first relegation the atmosphere at Frankfurt was really bad like everywhere in Germany, but when we got relegated Ultras Frankfurt got formed in 1997 and adopted the Italian style of support. The hardcore fans moved from the official fan section "g block" to the roofed section right next to it and it was carnage.

It revitalised the whole fan scene back then as it felt like a new start. In terms of football the times were really bleak but in terms of support everyone was looking at what Frankfurt did. First they laughed and made fun of it and then we started with the first tifos, longer singing and all the choreographed stuff you lot love to hate! ;-) Shortly after the new style of support could be seen everywhere in Germany.

Union Fans are a really decent bunch by the way. Yes they can be a bit annoying with their "our way is the right way" attitude just like St. Pauli, but when we played there in 2012 (yes, relegated again....) we were not allowed to bring away fans.

But there were tons of Frankfurt fans going anyway and Union Fans helped us get tickets for the section next to the away end and Frankfurt fans went there incognito.

Not long until Union fans started to chant "let them over" and "the wall needs to go" ( both popular chants used during the fall of the Berlin wall). Then the security gave up, Frankfurt fans were breaking through the fences, climbing over them to get to the away action and a normal looking away section was restored. :-)

Followed by chants against the German football association by both sides.

I doubt that this sort of solidarity amongst rival fans is something you would see in England.
Oh I don’t know.

The whole of the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was singing, "ARE YOU WATCHING ARSENAL?" last week.

;-)

Cup Final between Kaiserslautern and Leverkusen on the way .

Amazing Choreo by Lautern and as usual pretty much a no show for Leverkusen fans
who are 1-0 up at the moment but one man down after a red card
1000009679.jpg

Constant pyro by Lautern as well...as much has I hate the inbred bastards I really want them back in the Bundesliga

Unlucky 'Lautern. Huffed and puffed but ultimately just didn't have the quality to trouble a very good Leverkusen defence, even against 10 men.

Amazing support. A shit cup final day for me!

Unlucky 'Lautern. Huffed and puffed but ultimately just didn't have the quality to trouble a very good Leverkusen defence, even against 10 men.

Amazing support. A shit cup final day for me!

Cup Final Day is just a tried cliche. Pointless cup unless it's won as part of a double or treble. It hardly even saves jobs these days when won as the only trophy in a season. First Van Gaal and now eight years later maybe Poundland Pep.

Pointless Cup??
I’m glad I will never ever think like this.
If that cup was the only thing we won in our first season back as treble winners, then it would have been considered a disaster, same with the Rags in 2000 if they didn't ditch it and thus competed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.