Bundesliga Thread - 2023/24

Just watched the Bochum vs German Rags highlights. Enjoyed them but I must say that music they played Bochum scored was totally naff…

Magdeburg with 15000 away fans at Hertha in BuLi 2.

View attachment 107415

If you have an interest in German football and maybe want to get your feet wet with your first couple of grounds over here, look no further than BuLi 2. So much tradition, big clubs and overall interesting games.

Hansa Rostock stole Hamburg's Capo podium (Capo is the guy (or the guys) with the megaphone who coordinates the singing in Germany. They usually have a separate and elevated podium in front of their own home end and some clubs even install those podiums for the away fans in front of their sector.

Well Hansa stole Hamburg's home end podium and put it up for sale on eBay.
Das Olympiastadion in Berlin is a fantastic venue.

It’s a great pity that it doesn’t have a team to match.

hope Bayern goes for Xabi alonso. rather that than him ending up at dippers.
would be very Bayernesque to do that to a big league rival. did the same with Nagelsmann when Leipzig looked really solid rival.
hope they dont get Wirtz tho.

hope Bayern goes for Xabi alonso. rather that than him ending up at dippers.
would be very Bayernesque to do that to a big league rival. did the same with Nagelsmann when Leipzig looked really solid rival.
hope they dont get Wirtz tho.
Not to mention all the best players they’ve taken from their rivals, or "encouraged" them to run down their contract.

Given their form so far this season, Leverkusen really shouldn't fuck this up......

1000011689.jpg

12 games left. Of course, the big question will be how they handle the pressure of being front runners (and favourites). Without googling it, I'm guessing it's been a while since they last won the league.

Given their form so far this season, Leverkusen really shouldn't fuck this up......

View attachment 107615

12 games left. Of course, the big question will be how they handle the pressure of being front runners (and favourites). Without googling it, I'm guessing it's been a while since they last won the league.
Would imagine they'll go quite far in the Europa too, so dealing with Thursday/Sunday every week is a balance too.

As some of you might have noticed pretty much every match in the last weeks was interrupted by the fans. Throwing of tennis balls, remote cars with smoke bombs, remote toy planes, banners and loud chanting against the DFL (Deutsche Fussball Liga/German Football League)

Reason for that was that the DFLwanted to find an Investor which the fans wanted to avoid at all cost to avoid shenanigans like cup games getting played in Asia, 50+1 put under threat etc.

Yesterday evening the leagues plans got officially canceled and the protests lead by the Ultras played a huge role.

There was even a public discussion on TV a couple of days ago during prime time where supporters of the deal got pitted against fan representatives and it's fair to say that the fan representatives completely dismantled ex players like Markus Babbel and owners like Martin Kind.

I know this is an unpopular opinion especially on a Man City forum but 50+1 has to stay at all cost and the league has to remain in the hands of the fans.

I bet the first thing that comes to your mind is: So Bayern is going to win the league for the next 20 years in a row. The deal would have most likely increased the gap between the top clubs and the smaller clubs even more.
The common goal amongst fans is to prevent the Bundesliga to become like the PL where the working glass gets outpriced, fan culture dies etc. and not to prevent Bayern from winning the league.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.