Bundesliga Thread | 2024/25

Kompany with his first outing tonight when Bayern play Ulm in the cup.
Some mixed emotions from the majority on here I imagine. I'd expect the majority want Kompany to do well but also want Bayern to fail as well. Personally I'd get more enjoyment from Kompany succeeding than Bayern failing.

Pleased he got off to a good start.

Best case scenario, he proves himself as a good manager, winning things. If pep then leaves us, would he leave Bayern to join us? Not sure.

Some mixed emotions from the majority on here I imagine. I'd expect the majority want Kompany to do well but also want Bayern to fail as well. Personally I'd get more enjoyment from Kompany succeeding than Bayern failing.

Best case scenario, he proves himself as a good manager, winning things. If pep then leaves us, would he leave Bayern to join us? Not sure.
Im with you.

I’d rather Vincent succeeds than Bayern fail.

However, once VK is out of there, they can get to fuck, again.

Well he is obviously a nice bloke but for selfish reasons I want to see Bayern struggle again. ;-)

Rumours are that Pep might leave after this season, right? Not sure if Kompany would be ready for the job even if he does well in his year at Munich. Don't forget that at Munich he only has to coach, while at City he would be on manager duties as well which makes a bit of a difference in terms of stress levels I would assume. Not sure how much of a difference that makes for coaches coming from Germany (seems like Klopp did pretty well) but it surely is a factor.
Expectations at Bayern are already pretty high but I assume it would be even worse at City considering he is a fan favourite and the success you had under Pep.

So far he handles himself well and the media seems to love him. Him speaking German is obviously a big bonus as well.

Enjoyed that article and I can see the argument from both sides, especially as City had a few lesser rivalries in the lower divisions, all of which have since been shelved/discarded.

Also some interesting facts re Tasmania Berlin's attendances
Do they still exist, and at what level?
Tasmania Berlin 1965/6 season - the stuff of legends

the most defeats, fewest wins, most goals conceded, fewest goals scored, lowest number of points, worst goal difference, biggest loss and even the lowest attendance are all held by the Tasmania Berlin team of 1965/66, by far and away the worst side in the history of the division.

Also the lagest difference in attendance in the same season:
highest home attendance (1st game of season) 81,000 v Hamburg
lowest home attendance 857 v BMG

Now playing in Oberliga Nordost-Nord

Offenbach 2 Magdeburg 1

After traipsing through the front door around midnight, and totally jaded, from the cosmopolitan and unbelievably gentrified Stamford Bridge matchday experience,it was always going to be a tall order to make the 6:05 flight to Frankfurt with anything remotely resembling fresh as a daisy.

However, after roughly three hours sleep, I could be found slumped in the departure lounge and desperately seeking some enthusiasm and energy for my 33rd German football stadium.

The journey was relatively straightforward as Offenbach is a smallish suburb, but whilst my expectations were low, it was abundantly clear on first impressions, that they weren't low enough.

Offenbach was like Stockport Town Centre on a Sunday in the 1980s with literally nothing open, and a few homeless people rummaging through the bins.

Graffiti was King and there was a horrible stench of piss and rotting kebabs.

Thankfully first impressions can be misleading and the prospects improved from the moment I walked away from the main railway station and towards the thriving market place.

Suddenly there seemed to be life,and whilst the food options appeared limited to Turkish Breakfast or traditional Turkish takeaway, I could also spot a few establishments (also seemingly Turkish owned) that sold alcohol.

Sadly, my first meal was halted by a kamikaze wasp taking one for the team and ultimately drowning in my french dressing. Nowt to do with me, but his mates obviously thought otherwise and proceeded to swarm and terrorise for the next twenty minutes.

It was a 6pm kick off so after walking to the ground I found sanctuary in a couple of adjacent hostelries whilst facing the obligatory three questions from inquisitive locals

Where are you from?
How did you get a ticket?
Are you not scared?

“I'm English, I'm English and I'm English” was the gist of my semi-joking semi-arrogant response.

This was the first game of my attempt to follow the winners to Berlin, and my money was on a trip to Magdeburg for the 2nd Round. However the gulf in class is smaller in Germany and it's not uncommon for a 4th tier club to beat a team from the Bundesliga Second Division.

Even better, and in total contrast to Stamford Bridge, you can smoke and drink beer inside the stadium and one huge difference was the number of people still buying pints with only a few minutes remaining.

There was a bizarre stoppage after 10 minutes when the visiting supporters made a sneakily choreographed protest about having to travel so far for a Monday teatime fixture, so thanks to their smoke bombs (the culprits hiding behind a mass of scarves to avoid arrest) you literally couldn't see a thing.

It was also a tad pantomime as the PA requested the leader of the Magdeburg ultras to speak to the Head of Security

For City fans of a certain generation the game followed the same pattern as the 2-1 Cup defeat at Blackpool in 1984, albeit without the away fans demolishing the roof, and rampaging through the town centre.

Offenbach took an early lead, but Magdeburg equalised in the Second Half and were comfortably the best team for large periods. However a lapse of concentration took everyone by surprise and the home team hung on for grim life with their fans in agonising disbelief.

So it's a return to Offenbach in a couple of months for the next round. For me, (now on the 199 Bus from the airport) it's some much needed sleep and then the Test Match tomorrow morning.

Kicks off with the champions tonight.

1000013055.jpg

Couple of M'gladbach's new signings start, all of Leverkusen's signings on the bench including Aleix Garcia. Probably catch the first 30mins before Sheff Wed-Leeds.

Big test for Alonso to see if they can go again, they haven't been raided like up and coming teams usually are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.