Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

I thought Burnley pressed very well at times today and made us look sloppy in spells but I think we needed a game like that though so credit to them.

It was a reminder not to get too relaxed in possession or that it's always going to be easy to pass around them. Teams haven't pressed us high up the pitch(ok it wasn't always high pressing, but it was constant pressure when we were in their half and they did force a few mistakes at the back when they dared) often enough in recent weeks, aside from Spurs where we looked fantastic again. I know Burnley were tiring but everything City did sharpened up gradually over that second half too and they couldn't live with us. The execution of the pass, finding the best space to give team mates a good option, control on receiving the ball to give themselves more time to get their head up and make the right choice was all looking more and more like the City we saw in October/November.

Last edited:
not every manager can spend hundreds of millions on attacking players ffs

It isn't anti football and for club like Burnley to be 7th in the prem (while beating chelsea and drawking against spurs, united and liverpool) is a brilliant achievement. Getting like red cafe on here at times.
It makes me sad to read some of the comments here about other teams. :(

I normally give it a pass when it's United or Liverpool. As some are just begging for a fight when it comes to those 2.

But the amount of raglike arrogant comments keep growing by the day.

Dyche is a commendable manager. And for the record, they don't park the bus. It's a bit of a midfield compact press. It befuddled us in the 1st half and credit to them.

But we found our groove in the 2nd and outsmarted their very good plan.

Fantastic game of football.

do you think he will stay with us?

Like all the kids i can see a loan at a high level, no doubt la liga but yeah, i can see a player in there no doubt, one that is suited to going forwards in a way Pep demands and as ive said is technically very good.

As ever though its down to the lad to prove it.

Because your nationality is dictated by where you are born.
Field Marshall Montgomery was Irish, then? John Barnes is Jamaican?
I don't think so.
The Duke of Wellington when questioned on his being born in Ireland remarked something to the effect that being born in a stable doesn't make one a horse.

In other leagues the small teams still attempt to play creative football. Is that why their national teams are better? The bulk of English players are still playing 1950s style football.

We rested five players and eventually our class showed . toothless in the 1st half dont remember their keeper making a save , Sane,Gundy,Merlin,Kun,and Sterling all stepped up a gear in the 2nd half and a clever free kick and a bit of magic from Gundy provided two goals in two minutes for Kun and it was game over. Really hope people do not get on Stones back for his error , he looked a bit ring rusty after his lay off and might take a couple of games to get back up to speed , only downside was Danilo , he was OK but he isnt good enough for this team and for a brazilian player his 1st touch is unusually very poor. As for Merlin what can you say that already hasnt been said ? Burnley played their part and Dyche gets the best put of his limited resources , there just a shit Blackburn Rovers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.