Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

Cant blame them for playing to their strengths, away to the best team in the land.
The point is that they don't play like that because they are away to us, they play like that literally every game. It's Big Sam on steroids and it must be pretty dull to watch your team play like that at home to Huddersfield

not every manager can spend hundreds of millions on attacking players ffs

It isn't anti football and for club like Burnley to be 7th in the prem (while beating chelsea and drawking against spurs, united and liverpool) is a brilliant achievement. Getting like red cafe on here at times.
Totally agree. The Harlem Globetrotters v The Washington Nationals is "entertainment", top class football is first and foremost about getting the best result possible. Not many teams have the luxury of being able to worry about entertaining the crowd.

Its noticeable that when teams score first they completely retreat as the game goes on, its one of the reasons i dont panic anymore when we go behind, they actually start to panic before we do. Its as if they think...fuck, what do we do now?
I think thats known as an aura.

Who was the scottish bloke doing the colour commentary? He was going on about the ref allowing us to take a free kick early was why we won, right up until the end.
He was also saying something about "when we played Stoke" etc.
Houghton. He always seems to know exactly what players are saying to each other or what managers are saying to officials.

Gundogan is MOTM for me. Two cheeky passes that gave us the equalizer and the lead. I'm so glad he's hitting form at a crucial stage and now maybe we can rest Silva and De Bruyne more.

The point is that they don't play like that because they are away to us, they play like that literally every game. It's Big Sam on steroids and it must be pretty dull to watch your team play like that at home to Huddersfield

Well they are hardly going to change it against us. Whilst they are challenging to get into the top 6 I am sure their fans are satisfied.

Another excellent performance.

We scored four in the second half but I thought our first half didn't do the scoreline justice and we played well in the first 45 as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.