Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

Just seen the highlights, and a few points from me:

1. On the Matchday thread Bravo got dog's abuse for 'flapping' at a corner. Fucking utter bullshit. No keeper would have got anywhere near it, and he was being held by one of their players. Some fans refuse to give certain players anything but abuse.
2. He didn't stand a chance with the goal, absolutely amazing strike by the Burnley lad - again, he took some blame for it on the Matchday thread.
3. Huge well done to Sane for taking the difficult option and staying on his feet to score, as he could quite easily have gone down under the shit challenge by the defender.
4. Great pass by Gundogan.

Can't wait to hear Dyche's whinging, whereas he should probably be aiming any criticism at his own players for switching off for our opener.

From what i read it's not a comparison. Why does it have to be?

Burnley play how Burnley play. That's up to them. But it'll never change that it's absolute fucking trash.

There is no need to persistently foul. There is no need to knock every ball 40 yards. There is no need to camp 11 men behind the ball.

It's not about going toe to toe. It's not about comparison. It's about trying to win the game fairly and squarely.

It's anti football. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

What's worse it's that Dyche is being and will continue to be lauded.

The reality is he's just a younger Sam Allardyce.

Burnley have a population of 70k a small northern market town. They are rocking with the top end of the table with a team of championship players. All credit to them, I hope they make top 6. Credit to Dyche for dicipline, organisation and getting the best he can out of the team.

Glad for the result

For Aguero and Sane scoring

For Zinchenko to have more minutes

But not for the team selection nor the subs.

I was willing to see more youngsters involved and Fernandinho must be rested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.