Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should win, I expect us to win and theres no excuses not to but I also expect us to struggle somewhat here.

We will control the game no doubt but we're not on it yet and we need to be on it for the chances to come. Vinny will have them super fit and they'll be well up for it, could easily bag a goal or two against the run of play. Fitness permitting;

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland

Don't expect kdb to start, seems a bit too early but 20-30 from the bench is doable. Foden has to start in his absence otherwise we create very little. Gvardiol will have to bide his time and bed in slowly, maybe a start in the supercup depending on how serious pep wants to take that game.

You sure ? I could've sworn we signed Kovacic, Grealish and Gvardiol and bought in Palmer from the youth set up.
Zinchenko and Jesus also went out and Laporte leaving will be replaced by Gvardiol. Whether Palmer makes it at this level remains to be seen as he is perceived as more of a Mahrez replacement. Also given Kalvin Philips is not trusted by Pep leaves major problems if Rodri picks up an injury. I’m surprised Rodri is still alive given the amount of football he is going through not only for us but Spain too.

We should win, I expect us to win and theres no excuses not to but I also expect us to struggle somewhat here.

We will control the game no doubt but we're not on it yet and we need to be on it for the chances to come. Vinny will have them super fit and they'll be well up for it, could easily bag a goal or two against the run of play. Fitness permitting;

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Dias
Ake
Rodri
Kovacic
Bernardo
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland

Don't expect kdb to start, seems a bit too early but 20-30 from the bench is doable. Foden has to start in his absence otherwise we create very little. Gvardiol will have to bide his time and bed in slowly, maybe a start in the supercup depending on how serious pep wants to take that game.
I wouldnt have Alvarez starting,he looked lost alongside Haaland yesterday.

Last edited:
Losing today will give us a kick up the arse. Wouldn’t be surprised if Haaland bags a hat trick

---------------Ederson------
Akanji-------Dias------- Gvardiol
---------Stones---- Rodri-------
Bernie---Kev---Kovacic---Foden
-------------Haaland---------

Who does he unseat? He's barely practiced.
The CB’s guaranteed to start are Stones, Dias and Gvardiol. Walker, Ake and Akanji will be fighting for the other spot, in my opinion.

He’s now got a week to get ready whilst training with the lads, that’s more than most get following a transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.