Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting a tough game, Burnley will be well up for it having had a good 3-4 weeks more preparation than us. We haven't even been back training a month yet.
Still getting back into the swing of things and think we'll be a bit rusty. Can see a draw.

Too soon for Gvardiol. Hopefully get a cameo late on, and then can play vs Seville
And please no Alverez and Haaland together. Both great, but just not together.

And where do we drink before the came? Someone mentioned the cricket club. Do they allow away fans, and provide parking?
I last went there in 97(??) and saw Denis Tueart miss two penalties :(

Last edited:
Burnley started preseason on 5th June, City finished our season on 10th June winning the champions league final for a historic treble, City started preseason on 17th July, let that set in.

We are 6 weeks behind Burnley for the start of the Premier League season preparation, I suspect that will show in fitness and I expect a slow start from City and a draw at Turf Moor

I’m not making excuses but setting my expectations somewhat, suspect this season will be a dip off and we’ll qualify for Champions league qualification but won’t challenge for title, the challenge will be between Arsenal and Liverpool with City third. That said I see us winning super cup and reach the Semi or Final of champions league

Last edited:
Too soon for Gvardiol. Hopefully get a cameo late on, and then can play vs Seville
And please no Akanji and Haaland together. Both great, but just not together.

And where do we drink before the came? Someone mentioned the cricket club. Do they allow away fans, and provide parking?
I last went there in 97(??) and saw Denis Tueart miss two penalties :(
Did you mean Alvarez and Haaland ?

Think Grealish needs a little break. It may have only been pre-season but he's looked under par.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rodri Kovacic
Bernardo KDB Foden
Haaland

I love Alvarez but we looked miles more creative once KDB and Foden were on the pitch. Haaland will be far more dangerous with those two behind him.
it’s a concern he’s spent all summer getting pissed, I worry about our goal output if our front 3 is to be Haaland supported by Grealish and Bernardo. We’ve lost the goals from Gundogan and if the option is to play Kovacic as an 8 it’s very worrying as it would mean from out front 5 (Haaland, Grealish (approx 5), Bernardo (approx 5), Kovacic (under 5) and KDB(10-15)) only 2 have more than 10 league goals in them per season. I’d like to see Foden and Alvarez as key starters this season, Foden and Alvarez have got loads of goals and assists in them and deserve more game time.

No, not for a moment. However you have to take into account (please) that I am a heart rules head fan. I want us to win everything in sight but I have/had my favourite players. 1) Dunnie Monster 2) Vincent Kompany 3) John Stones.
So anything to do with those three players I am torn in two. :-)

A lot of my daft postings need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Tongue in cheek. :-) Sorry.

Mate, I still tear up when I rewind the Vinnie Leicester goal.
"NO- NO NOOO! What are you doing--- BRILLIANT !!!!!"
Vin knows the score. He, of all people, knows how ferociously competitive this club now is. He was one of the ones responsible for instigating that mentality. If we can smash them , we will. It’ll be take no prisoners.
But I don’t expect us to smash them. It’ll be tough, attritional. I’m hoping for something like 2-0, 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.