Burnley (A) - Fri 11th Aug | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week of training for Kev will help and he always relies on games to build himself up? I also think Josko will be put straight in as he already plays the way we do and a few days training with the lads will benefit him.
Agree Kev needs games, but don't see him doing 90 just yet. Not sure about Josko, maybe come on later if game is going out way

Another week of training for Kev will help and he always relies on games to build himself up? I also think Josko will be put straight in as he already plays the way we do and a few days training with the lads will benefit him.
Josko playing will be interesting, as it gives several options. My favourite (with the ball) would be this:

===========Ederson==========
====Stones===Dias===Josko====
==Bernardo==Rodri===Kovacic===
Palmer======Foden======Grealish
===========Haaland===========

It assumes that KDB is not quite ready.

We need to beat Burnley but I'll take a 0-1 because I don't want us to upset Vinnie. A one goal margin as long as we win.

I know sometimes I let my heart rule my head and am not really pragmatic enough for this football lark!! Sorry but that's just how I am. :-)
I want to upset Vinnie, 4-0 would do.

wish all the best to Kompany this season and hope they take points off of rivals too but this Friday I hope we teach them a lesson about difference of Champo and treble winner level opponents. :)

they will be up for it for sure, first home game back in PL vs best of the world City, would be horrible to not win this one imo.

get the 18 points vs promoted ones.

last year we did 16 and drew that Forest away game only by missing everything then they scored from their first shot in 2nd half.

imo we go with 3223, Gvardiol-Dias-Akanji / Rodri, Stones/ Foden, KDB/ Grealish, Haaland, Bernardo

I think KDB looked relatively sharp, given the circumstances. I do think that Foden has to start, i'd probably say have him in Alvarez' spot because i think Kovacic will start tbh.

Ederson

Stones - Akanji - Dias - Ake (if fit, otherwise same as yesteday)

Rodri - Kovacic

Bernardo - Foden - Grealish

Haaland

We need to beat Burnley but I'll take a 0-1 because I don't want us to upset Vinnie.
I of course agree we need to win but Pep will want to show Vinnie what managing at the top level is all about. He'll be all over our team to absolutely crush Burnley if it is possible. If we are 2 up with 20 to go you really think Pep is taking the boot off because of who's in the other coaching box?

Think Grealish needs a little break. It may have only been pre-season but he's looked under par.

Ederson
Walker Stones Dias Gvardiol
Rodri Kovacic
Bernardo KDB Foden
Haaland

I love Alvarez but we looked miles more creative once KDB and Foden were on the pitch. Haaland will be far more dangerous with those two behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.