Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Still cant believe THAT miss.

Hope it doesn't effect Sterling's confidence.

We can blame sterling all we want but if we defend that cross properly we win 1 0

Finding it hard to correlate some of the comments with the game I watched.

I thought we played very well at a difficult place to go, especially with 7 on the physio’s table.

Should we have won by at least 2 goals? Yes.
Did we lose? No, so some people need some context.

I have to take issue with some of the comments about Sergio. I thought he worked his tail off and he’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t. When he comes short to link up, the ball he lays off is often to a player moving ahead of him, and he has to get forward and into the box. He did that. There were not a lot of decent balls into the box to him. The one everyone is discussing WAS a bad pass, and I think he should have leathered it. I can forgive him that and it certainly wasn’t the difference in the game.

Sterlings miss will be the headline when it should be Ederson’s worldie from Lennon. I doubt you will see a better reflex save from a good shot from 12 yards this season. And, his save from Mee wasn’t a bad one, either.

No-one needs to pillory Sterling on here, he gets it enough from all quarters all the time, even though he is having the best season of his life. Will it haunt him? Yes, until he scores the next one. Should he have been taken off? Yes. He knew he had missed a ridiculous chance, but he’s a moper, which is why Pep gave him a hug last game. His body language after the miss was negative and those two things, the miss and the response, were enough for me. One miss in one game? Forgiven...hug and kiss. However, two games in a row? Gotta give him the heave ho and let him know it’s unacceptable. Now, it’s up to him to get his head down, spend some extra time on the training pitch and work on his finishing.

Also, anyone not giving Gundogan applause after that performance is just not looking. He got into some great positions, but there are a few times he could have taken a pop,with his left, instead of trying to put it on his right.

Worst position we can be in at the end of the weekend is 13 points clear. Oh, the horror.

Get a grip, lads and lasses.

A very sensible assessment :)

Diaz not good enough, don’t get the fuss.

He has huge potential....as does Fodden...yes they may not make it but they have a great chance and they could easily also both be very important players in the upcoming years

Does anybody think Eddie could have done better with there goal I do think he made a couple of fine saves

We need to make far more of the possession we have. We need to be a little more direct rather than 'chess like' with teams like this. I'd also like to see what a five or ten minute period of hoofball might develop. There are few teams who can successfully defend hoofball. Yer never know where the ball is gonna land, we are pretty good at reclaiming possession, and defenders have to get it right every time. We can afford to be like hyenas for that period. However, it may be anathema to Guardiola's philosophy, which is a pity. If the plan isn't working, change it and see what materialises.

Simply dyslexic and posting on a phone.

But come on, you can’t do a poster down for still being happy with the lead we have. It has no effect on our lead.
I'm just a bit pissed off that we threw a game that we had in the bag I guess. I hope the players are as pissed off as I am, and not as happy as the other guy is. Being pissed off is good. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser", etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.