Burnley (A) Post-Match Thread

Is the last league cup game we lost outside of Manchester back in 2010 at West Brom? Don’t recall us losing elsewhere since.

Mahrez is an absolute waste of space, doesn't track back, has no pace and only passes if there's no way he can shoot. What pep sees in him is baffling, and too think we let go sane is just incredible
When you play with 3 forwards and build up from midfield to final third ,all three can't be in the same space,on one of them has play deeper.Ideally all 3 should be flexible and interchange position-liverpool forwards do this well and also barca with suarez,neymar and messi used to do this well,but in our team sterling plays higher with the 9 and good combinational play isn't there.But agree with the larger point about mahrez,he is not in leicester city anymore where he had free role with more freedom. needs to improve

i enjoyed the game, i thought we looked quite good without being blistering. Burnley have real problems.

Torres was great, i thought his early link ups with Sterling showed great promise. lovely turn of pace too. Palmer was great as well, for a very young lad on his debut in a central role, i thought he showed good maturity.

overall a better display, which is all you want after having your pants pulled down by Brendan Fucking Rodgers.

Ï
Mahrez is an absolute waste of space, doesn't track back, has no pace and only passes if there's no way he can shoot. What pep sees in him is baffling, and too think we let go sane is just incredible
Probably will end up as another nobody else wants. Not sure Sane would have stayed but there was also Sancho who imo should have been fast tracked into the team would have been no need for Mahrez at all. Again I think his best position is probably more central but in our team that woyld only mean getting in the way of Kev. Good player on his day but rarely makes a big impact.

I think Mahrez probably still plays football the way he played with his mates when he was a kid and, if he hasn't controlled that by now, never will. Dont get me wrong, he is capable of moments of brilliance, but not really a team player.
I though the ref did ok until the last 20 mins, when we were all pissed off with Dyche constant appealing and swearing, and decided the game was over so would give them a few decisions to shut him up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.