Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

To be fair, there were only 6 minutes added on at the end and there was a bad tackle/injury, VAR review and a red card after the 90mins.

The ball is in play for City games more than any team in Europe. We are the only English club to average over 60mins. The PL average last season was 54mins (lowest for 12 years) and some clubs are as low as 52mins and some individual games are as low as 43mins (Villa v Brentford; Palace v Leeds).

The worst time wasting I’ve ever seen was the City v Everton game last season. The ref added 12 minutes on, however, there were 6 substitutions, 2 goals and a 5 minute stoppage for a technical fault on the lino’s earphones… so we actually only got 3 minutes added on for the ball being out of play.

Something needed to happen. But with City having the higher BIP numbers, we’ll get less of this time added on than everyone else unless like the last two games there’s an injury or VAR incident after the 90mins. It’ll be those games like Villa v Brentford and Palace v Leeds last season where we’ll see the 15mins extra.
But you can't be "timewasting" while the ball is in play - that's just game management.

But time will be added on not for the ball going out of play but for not getting it back in play quickly. "Delaying the restart of play" has been a yellow card offence for a long time - and that will include players stopping a quick free kick..

Last edited:
He did the same in the Carabou final v Newcastle also and yet again got away with a straight red card. Then scored the opener despite being offside.
Perhaps they need 2 asterix next to the cup winner icon, one for FFP cheats and one for Officiating cheats.
I see the Obelix is going to West Ham. (Or is he?)

I desperately wanted Phil to score at the end of this.

And he might have had the defender not given him a bear hug.

Wouldn't the easiest way be to just stop the clock when the play stops & restart it when play restarts?

I've no idea why it's made so complicated, & left open to referee interpretation. A stop the clock system removes all uncertainty & adds the jeopardy of the seconds ticking down like basketball.
If you said every game was 60 minutes ball in play, some games would last 90 minutes, City's less than 60.

Just think it could have been done in the tunnel. Absolutely no need for the insults or abusive language.

I wouldn't do it to you, so don't do it to me mate. The exact point I'm making about "decency and respect".
Neville is trying to make a story out of nothing.

Trying to compare Pep with Ferguson nearly made me vomit.

Also… shouting and screaming at Vikings doesn’t phase them.
On the other hand. Putting a white bedsheet over your head and making ghost noises. Puts the shits right up them.

The point I'm making is decent behaviour. I rarely agree with Neville, but on this occasion I did.

If your boss did that to you at work infront of your colleagues, would this be acceptable? He's doing it on national television infront of millions of viewers. Haaland looked embarrassed.

Whatever you say, it's wrong. I absolutely love Pep, but I'll call indecent behaviour out when it needs calling out. The man needs a little self control from time to time.
The sporting world is different than an office environment. Elite coaches once in a while dress down a player to send a message. It only becomes an issue if a coach is failing and he starts dressing down players on a regular basis to try to save his own skin, Pep doesn’t have that issue. Pep carefully picks his moment to send a message…ie: last night….after the Tottenham game last season (directed at whole team)

Normal service is resumed.

Haaland a beast, Rodri impeccable.

Phillips wouldn’t get a game if we had 20 subs and fuck off Sky with the usual money jibe during a game, it’s boring you cunts!
Agree about Phillips. Things we've made a boob with him. He probably cant believe he has CL AND PL medals in his collection. Joke.

Gulf in class showed.....there will be a lot harder games and we looked very comfortable throughout.

The only concern is KDB - another injury. Dont know whats been said about it whether its his hamstring again.....saying he was surprised to be in the starting 11 and tired before the start of the game is not a good sign. When he is not on the pitch we struggle to create and we need to find an answer to that.

Foden was class as were the whole back 4
Agree about Kev but cant see how Foden was class last night?

A great win for the lads. We got the job done against our pennine neighbours up north. Good finishes by Haaland. Rodders again brilliant.

What's not to like. Tougher tests to come but always good to get a winning start. I don't agree with Pep berating Haaland at half time as he's done his job which is scoring goals.

Good to see some players getting their chances to play for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.