Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

Whatever you say, it's wrong. I absolutely love Pep, but I'll call indecent behaviour out when it needs calling out. The man needs a little self control from time to time.
Give it a rest mate, I see every single manager in world football doing it every week.

Refer to my last post about behavior last night if you want to go down that route. Pep talking to Haaland clearly offends you more than racist scumbags that are sat around us at football stadiums.

Decent behavior. Neville would have been best off spending his time talking about the scumbags launching things at Lewis, trying to run on the pitch to get at Alvarez and booing the players taking the knee, even more so when their manager is black and has spoken at length about the issue of racism in football.

Pep and Haaland are walking off the pitch towards the tunnel, hes not doing it in the middle of the game is he. Christ.
Agree with absolutely everything you say in the first paragraph, but it doesn't make it right what Pep did?

You'll always get scumbags at Football, every club has them including us. You can't control that.

Just want to compare the sending off of the Burnley player last night for his challenge last night and the Casemiro chalkenge on Akanji in the cup final. If you compare them both it is obvious how Pygmol and individual refs are manipulating games. The stats will show a less fancied opponent received a red in the 90th minute whilst losing 3 nil. A more fancied opponent receives a free kick for his team after he commits a red card challenge. So at a time it doesn't matter our stats regards red cards will show as a mark in our favour when the game is all but over but in a game involving a red shirt team he lets a red card challenge go so leaving the rags with 11 players and 3 officials on the pitch. Game manipulation in front of your eyes.
He did the same in the Carabou final v Newcastle also and yet again got away with a straight red card. Then scored the opener despite being offside.
Perhaps they need 2 asterix next to the cup winner icon, one for FFP cheats and one for Officiating cheats.

Amazing isn't it, 2 finals, red card avoided in each final, offside goal allowed, soft penalty v Jack, penalty for same offence by them totally ignored (from our cross 5 mins later, cross hit Wan Bisaka on arm, blatant penalty on Kev waved away. Amazing how it always goes 1 way only in their favour isnt it

Agree with absolutely everything you say in the first paragraph, but it doesn't make it right what Pep did?

You'll always get scumbags at Football, every club has them including us.
What Pep did was talk to his player. That is it. Nothing more. The way your going on about it is if he was man handling him and giving him a slap in the centre circle.

The point I'm making is decent behaviour. I rarely agree with Neville, but on this occasion I did.

If your boss did that to you at work infront of your colleagues, would this be acceptable? He's doing it on national television infront of millions of viewers. Haaland looked embarrassed.

Whatever you say, it's wrong. I absolutely love Pep, but I'll call indecent behaviour out when it needs calling out. The man needs a little self control from time to time.
And nothing said about Haaland berating his team mate ? At the end of the day Bernie was following team orders & knows what happens if you go off script, Pep was reminding Erl what that means, the fact Erl chirped back means Pep was gonna reprimand him on the spot, if he nods & says ok sorry boss it doesn’t happen, IMHO thats healthy, if your kids step out of line they get told, and on the spot more times than not

The point I'm making is decent behaviour. I rarely agree with Neville, but on this occasion I did.

If your boss did that to you at work infront of your colleagues, would this be acceptable? He's doing it on national television infront of millions of viewers. Haaland looked embarrassed.

Pep is spontaneous, passionate & honest. Players love it. Neville’s jealous as f***

And nothing said about Haaland berating his team mate ? At the end of the day Bernie was following team orders & knows what happens if you go off script, Pep was reminding Erl what that means, the fact Erl chirped back means Pep was gonna reprimand him on the spot, if he nods & says ok sorry boss it doesn’t happen, IMHO thats healthy, if your kids step out of line they get told, and on the spot more times than not
I see what you mean, but this is the beauty of opinions.

As a fan I just felt uncomfortable watching it. I wouldn't berate another colleague infront of the whole unit. There's a time and a place.

Love Pep, but he's a mad bastard. What makes him what he is I guess.

Pep is spontaneous, passionate & honest. Players love it. Neville’s jealous as f***
N-evil-le is just clutching at straws, pure and simple.
Oh for a perfect world eh !!
I also think the Pep way of continuously motivating players, his ability to adapt and his ever present desire to succeed is a far greater lesson for any youngster then berating a player on screen.

Reactions: CC1
Always an easy game when we benefit from an early goal.

Haaland and Rodri…wow!

Pep v Haaland…WTF? (Haven’t read the thread.)

Comfortable win and an ideal start to the season other than KDB’s injury. Said it loads of times but he’s mismanaged by club and country given his fragile condition for a few years now.

We will rely on him less and less as he nears the end of his career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.