Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Burnley (A) Prediction

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please play Fernandinho in midfield, stick rodri at cb if we need to. Gundogan will probably still get picked even though he is suspended. I'll play left back.

Mendy is only going to get better by playing.

Burnley are going to be sticking crosses back post regardless so may as well have some height advantage there.

Stones and Otamendi was a nightmare at Norwich but we really need to go back to it. Fernandinhot back to midfield with KDB and Rodri.

Never been to Turf Moor before, so this will be a first. I can see this being a draw, too. We've now played not one — but two — games this season in which we twice led and threw it away. The title chase is now, in my sober opinion, over. Nine points difference? Maybe, just maybe. Eleven? I very seriously doubt it. The dippers' form would have to fall off a cliff. That, however, shouldn't stop us from wanting to win every single game till the end of the season. I certainly do.
Fern has been a wonderful servant to the club, but he is now 34. His normal position is one of the hardest working positions on the pitch, if not the hardest. Rodri is obviously the long-term replacement for him (not so long term, actually), and Pep wants to train him into that position at the pace that the PL is played at. I'm pretty sure that that's Pep's thinking. If we hadn't had the CB crisis, they would have alternated. Pep's working with what he's got. That said, Stones and Otamendi might work against a team like Burnley.
Interesting to see that people are now appreciating Zin. He's taken a fair bit of flak on this forum.

Edit: I've revised my personal ambitions downwards to beating the rags. We must at least do that. Losing to them would be the pits. Because they are very, very poor. Also, they're the rags.

Ederson; Walker Stones Otamendi Cancelo; Fernandinho KDB Foden; Bernardo Mahrez Sterling (ST)

Last season it was in by just MMs when we had dull strength, could be another tough day with injuries around

Tempted to put the mortgage on Burnley having 2 attempts on goal both of which will hit the back of our net. We'll have 583 attempts on goal and score 1. Hate to say it, but I can only see more dropped points on Tuesday.

just had a look; 10-1 they win, and 100-1 for two nil. Mortgage killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.