Burnley (A) - Sat 2nd April, 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Irish viewers, its the 3pm TV live match this Saturday.
Premier Sports Ireland.

Pep Guardiola on Ruben Dias: "I don’t know how long, the doctor said four to six weeks. Ruben is on four now, first of March he was injured, it's now four weeks later, I think we need two weeks more..." [via
@ManCity

Ruben Dias and Cole Palmer are ruled OUT of the match

Pep Guardiola when asked how he would describe the battle between #ManCity and Liverpool: "Burnley..." [via
@MikeMinay

Pep Guardiola on the return of five substitutions in the #PL making #ManCity stronger: "Why?"

It doesn’t give us an unfair advantage [as some suggest], it’s the same for everyone. We can rotate players, change tactics... We have caught up with the rest of the world with this." [via
@IanCheeseman
Its aload of rubbish the last question, implying we are the only club who benefit. I coulkd be wrong but havent seen any quotes where tuchel, klopp rangnick were asked the same question. Who all have benches full of international players and will benefit exactly the same as City.

My revised team for tomorrow.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko

Bernardo
Rodri
Gundogan

Sterling
KDB
Foden

If Ruben is going to be out for a while, Stones and Laporte need to play together to build a rhythm for the week ahead. I'd play Zinchenko to keep the back four defensively minded.
Raheem played really well in the week so he gets the nod.
I think it will be tight to begin, but once we hit our groove we will win.
Delap to come on as sub and score with a header.

3-0 to us...Sterling, Foden and Delap

COME ON CITY!!!

Managed to get a ticket for tomorrow and well looking forward to it.

I don't care how but just get the win and hopefully no injuries.

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Cancelo
Rodders Bernardo Gundogan
Mahrez KDB Foden

Last edited:
Juggling act this, he will have more than one eye on the next two fixtures, the entire squad needs to be utilised over the next month if we are to get through it in the best situation possible.

I expect ake to play, he's the best header of the ball we've got. Ideally it would be with the right footed stones but can see him giving stones a bit of time to get completely right, could even play left back if Pep fancies a mad one. Fernandinho would make sense here with no international duty and tough games coming up but Rodri loves playing Burnley, it's one of the few games his aerial superiority shines so I've no idea what Pep goes with, I'd edge towards Rodri starting and dinho being first sub on if things are going to plan. Kdb starts having had the week off with gundo, Bernardo gets a recharge. Front 3 is anyone's guess. Best front 3 would be mahrez and foden either side of jesus, will he rest players for midweek? I suspect he will and Grealish and sterling will get the nod.

Ederson
Walker
Laporte
Ake
Zinchenko
Rodri
Gundogan
Kdb
Sterling
Mahrez
Grealish

Any slip up here could see us capitulate, just win by any means neccesary.

Nervous as hell. It will not be easy and nor should it be. What an end to a season this could be, I'm going to try and enjoy it but the result is so important that enjoyment is suffocated.

Lookin forward to tomoz ,put away the chances please,10 oclock train ,day on piss ,love it !!come on city !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.