Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Personally I'd much prefer the players to reserve energy going into the business end of the season and lifting silverware rather than tonking a piss poor Burnley team.

Plus we had to take into consideration, Nunes got minutes, KDB got his first start since Burnley away along with Haaland being back.
I think goal difference could be a factor, either way it will be very close in points. Dippers now 5 better than ours, not sure why we wouldn’t have gone for more goals last night

Vinnie is on a hiding to nothing and would be surprised if his Yank owners do not have a knee jerk reaction and have a change of manager , their style of play is a compliment to Vinnie, they try to play football but simply do not have good enough players for the Premier league.
If Vinnie survives relegation they will come back up and be a yo-yo club , he has done a decent job but it will not be recognised he needs a higher profile club in the UK or europe.
We could have scored as many as we wanted but game time and fitness was obviously a priority for Pep saving ourselves for the bigger tests ahead , we look in good shape for another ruthless run-in , watch it and weep Dippers.

Thought we played really well, as others have said the game was over really the time the second goal went in and from then on it was just about seeing the game out.

The Wife wanted a coffee at half time and in the queue I missed our third goal, was a bit annoyed to say the least lol. The rest of the second half looked like a training exercise really, we were on autopilot and Burnley looked like they just wanted to be at home.

Was a bit annoyed we let them have that consolation goal though after being so poor all game, their fans barely made a peep the entire game as well aside from the goal.

Haaland looked super rusty when he came on as others have said too, wouldn’t start him against Brentford, another sub appearance would be best with Julian’s form.

Not sure what it is about Lewis, he seems to get knocked about both on and off the ball. Huddersfield recent and last night. I do wonder if it’s deliberate

Don’t like the way some players are targeting Lewis for some roughhouse treatment. Last night and Huddersfield to mention just two.
Doesn’t his old man run a boxing Gym in Bury? I’m sure Rico can throw hands if the need arises

Maybe it's because I feel we haven't 'clicked' yet. If I'm right about that. I know it's because of departures and some major injuries. but I want to see us expend ourselves and truly dominate that leads to real chances like the 6-3, or Madrid and the Arsenal games from last season. It just feels a bit too relaxed atm. Like Pep said once or twice, 'I want to see my team'. I'm probably spoilt at this point!

Edit - Also the dippers seem to be having no trouble yet despite being weaker, and if we don't really turn up at Anfield, it could be really close. I can see both teams going on great runs until the end of the season and it being really tight.

Agreed that departures and injuries, especially KDB have affected us.

However we got off to a fantastic start then a huge bump in the road drawing games from a winning position.

You say that you want to “expend ourselves”

That I have to totally disagree with. That’s fine if it’s a 100m school sports day.

We were 3-0 at home. Why would any player “expend” themselves with other crucial games aged just to satisfy som one who feels it may come down to Gail difference.

Let’s burn out the players so we can win 18-0 against Burnley to improve our GD just in case it might matter or save and protect players.

Not sure what it is about Lewis, he seems to get knocked about both on and off the ball. Huddersfield recent and last night. I do wonder if it’s deliberate

Don’t like the way some players are targeting Lewis for some roughhouse treatment. Last night and Huddersfield to mention just two.

i've mentioned this on numerous occasions either on here or to other Blues (and i'm happy to do it again!), Lewis is targeted every single time he plays. You'll see otherwise mild mannered midfielders and full backs for the opposition shove him about or foul him - I really think he must have a reputation in opposition team-talks as someone who is small, can be intimidated out of the game with physicality and so on, because he is absolutely targeted. Luckily for us he's quite a robust little sod.

21 pages after a win, absolutely classic!

De bruyne is clearly on another level now. The break seems to have honed his desires, he might even push for the balloon door this year. And frankly, he deserves some recognition outside of city!

The assists were absolutely filthy

Best moments in the match were Pep's celebration with the coaches after the second goal, obviously saying a move they'd tried in training had worked, then KDB's bit of rough stuff with his shoulder charge on a Burnley player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.