Burnley (H) | Post-Match Thread

Job done with a team missing players who've travelled the world against a Burnley team who will have only had a couple of players missing training and sleeping in their own beds....if ever there was a time to have a go at us this was it, instead they timewasted at 0-0, 1-0 & 2-0.
Exactly, was never going to be a top performance it was all about getting the job done. Burnley would've been far fresher than us but barely laid a glove apart for a ten minute spell of pressure. Hopefully against Brighton we'll look a bit more fluid

no way in hell palmer does a worse job than sterling yesterday. About time pep started picking players on form rather than trying to prove a point.
Palmer would not have weakened us yesterday,he could have replaced either of the fanny twins without it having a detrimental effect.
McAtee needs to be introduced too.

boring and pathetic init

50 quid tickets for that.

i cringe on motd when I see the empty seats I know the media over blow it but why do we change so much for tickets in a huge stadium. Loads of my mates with kids been priced out of it
Totally agree. Sister husband and kid paid £130 yesterday. Prices are crazy, especially for Burnley at home. No wonder we struggle to sell out.

Totally agree. Sister husband and kid paid £130 yesterday. Prices are crazy, especially for Burnley at home. No wonder we struggle to sell out.
Add the above to many now having IPTV,which allows a flexibility,and a comfort,to watch the match without assigning your entire day to getting to and from the stadium,it's something of a no brainer for many.

Early days and not much evidence but in terms of traditional goalkeeping skills, I think Steffen could well be as good as Eddy. Its the rest of Eddy's game that puts him miles ahead. Fantastic to see Bernardo back to his best and getting much better in the 8 position where he can influence the whole game (like Modric at his peak). Rodri very good too. Did you spot Cornet playing for them, had a good game till subbed? He scored the first goal for Lyon in that game in 2020 CL. What's he doing at Burnley??

For those watching on the tv yesterday, was Laportes yellow a potential red, and did burnley have a potential pen? Going off the reaction of people near me with better eyesight there was some suggestion those two decisions could have gone against us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.