Burnley (H) - Sat 16 Oct 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our boo boys have a field day irrespective of who is fielded; they’re wonderfully consistent in that regard.

Ake is arguably the most aggressive player in the air of any of our defenders, so including him against Burnley’s forwards makes sense. Similarly, Sterling has made a rod for his own back by speaking publicly about his lack of game time. Guardiola says you do your speaking on the pitch, so if Sterling cannot make hay against one of the league’s weaker teams, he won’t have grounds for complaint when he’s omitted next time.

Smart management.
I'd agree with this more if it didn't jar with the fact Pep threw Sterling into the CL final to play a system we'd never played.

The whole Sterling saga I don't understand. If we want him to stay so much then meet his demands and play him on the wing. If we want him to go, don't constantly drop better performing players to accommodate him (appreciate that's not the case today with no jesus or ferran).

I'm not happy with the weakened defence. Plus with Stirling playing also. I'm putting this match down as a draw. (But I hope we win of course).

Also I assume Stones is starting over Ruben as to not annoy Eric... Pep trying to keep everyone happy
Dias has started every game but one for club and country this season and we have a champions league game in less than 72 hours so I'm guessing he's just rested. There won't be anything else in it

Ehhhhh not to crazy about the lineup but still should win. I just hope pep changes it early if it doesn’t work but we know it won’t happen. Sigh

I’d be more confident if Walker, Dias and Grealish were starting.

Still think we’ll win though, just not by about 4 or 5, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.