Burnley (H) - Wed 31st Jan, 19:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kevin starts this. We know he can do 30 minutes, the next step is a start and get to 60-70 minutes. We don't play again until the following monday so plenty of recovery time if he's feeling it.

Back 4 picks itself, we only have 4 properly fit defenders, stones from the bench would be nice. I'd mix the midfield up a bit, give Rodri a rest and get the full squad involved, let an in form kovacic play alongside Bernardo central, kdb ahead of them as the midfield 3. Then I'd put Nunes on the right, pep says he's the guy for big spaces, Burnley leave big spaces. Then Doku left, Alvarez upfront.

Foden to replace kdb after an hour, possibly a haaland cameo.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Bernardo
Kovacic
Kdb
Nunes
Doku
Alvarez

Strange one with Erling. Pep is always very honest about availability’s but it feels like the big man has been close for at least 6 weeks. Hoping it’s not going to be something that lingers long term

I think Kevin starts this. We know he can do 30 minutes, the next step is a start and get to 60-70 minutes. We don't play again until the following monday so plenty of recovery time if he's feeling it.

Back 4 picks itself, we only have 4 properly fit defenders, stones from the bench would be nice. I'd mix the midfield up a bit, give Rodri a rest and get the full squad involved, let an in form kovacic play alongside Bernardo central, kdb ahead of them as the midfield 3. Then I'd put Nunes on the right, pep says he's the guy for big spaces, Burnley leave big spaces. Then Doku left, Alvarez upfront.

Foden to replace kdb after an hour, possibly a haaland cameo.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Bernardo
Kovacic
Kdb
Nunes
Doku
Alvarez
Genuine Q: what makes you think Doku warrants a start on the LW on Wednesday?

The same reason for Nunes. Burnley leave space, naively so at times, Nunes and doku are the two best options we have to exploit that.

Why do you think Doku doesn't warrant a start?
Agree would like to see Nunes get some minutes on Weds and it should be a good game for him.

I think Doku was poor against Spurs and Newcastle. Grealish has that spot nailed down as the most complete player (instrumental for the treble for starters) and needs minutes before we face the tougher sides, and I would actually place Bobb above Doku right now - although both of those two could, and should, play on the right at some point, not least because we will be incredibly exposed on that side should anything happen to Bernardo or Phil (Pep’s lack of attention to the RW is bugging me in general right now. He bought Doku to play there and is trying to shoehorn him onto the left IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.