Burnley Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprising news.

i have zero time for Mr Dyche and his horrible brand of football but sacking him at this stage of the season seems like a very strange decision.

As others have said who is going to be able to come in now and save them from relegation with only 8 games to go ?

I wonder if the Club’s owners have already conceded relegation and have started cutting the wage bill.

Last edited:
Mental decision. Too late in the day fora replacement to have any impact and Dyche didn't appear to have lost the dressing room, I wasn't ruling them as gone just yet before this news broke. Not only does this confirm relegation, but who's going to bring them straight back up to prevent the decline into obscurity never to return? Their squad is poor, they're losing their best players this summer when contracts are up, they needed Dyche to stand a chance of getting back up. We won't play Burnley in the league again for a very long time now.
The only downside to them going down is the loss of six guaranteed points.

The timing seems odd.

If it was because of the defeat to Norwich last weekend, you would have thought that he would have been sacked on Monday or Tuesday.

As someone posted earlier, perhaps there is more to it than that.

Surprising news.

i have zero time for Mr Dyche and his horrible brand of football but sacking him at this stage of the season seems like a very strange decision.

As others have said who is going to be able to come in now and save them from relegation with only 8 games to go ?
Quite winnable games left. Fat Sam will step in

Selling your star striker to a relegation rival in the January transfer window...... seems like the board already had resigned to going down
And there were posters on here, who said that Burnley acquiring Weghorst was better business than Newcastle taking Wood from the Clarets.

It hasn’t proved to be the case.

What Burnley need is a foreign manager.

Who was the last Englishman to win the Premiership title as the Manager. I think it was Howard Wilkinson at Leeds in the early nineties.

30 years ago.

English managers are not very good at all. They are, by and large, pretty rubbish at winning titles compared to Italian Managers, German Managers, Dutch Managers, Spanish Managers and even Portuguese Managers.
You failed to mention Chilean managers!

And there were posters on here, who said that Burnley acquiring Weghorst was better business than Newcastle taking Wood from the Clarets.

It hasn’t proved to be the case.
Even if it was a bad deal and it was why sell a goalscorer to a team that could eventually relegate you. Its like selling KDB to the dippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.