Not open for further replies.
Tricky17 said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
...........................Hart

Zaba....Kompany..Mangala..Clichy

.........Fernandinho..Toure

Navas...............Silva.............Milner

.......................Aguero

I know this is a must win game and I'm not one of the "I've given up on the league brigade" but a strike force of Bony and Dzeko ability should be enough to see of Burnley plus a midfield without Silva. If we are to have any chance on Wednesday both Silva and Aguero have to be fit and play. I know we aren't playing well at the moment but this is where the "squad" game should come into its own. Fergie was a master at it.

You're giving him too much credit there, it was forced on him as he couldn't use the likes of Mason, Webb, Taylor etc in CL games, UEFA rules.

bondsman said:
Think this may well come down to how we handle their front twos style and physicality, and their set pieces. They bullied our back four at home can see us looking fragile again.

Kompany had just got injured so it was Demi and Managala's first game together, Toure was out, Aguero was out. They exploited the space between our back 4 and midfiled, there was fucking loads of it. Won't be like that today

I'd give Burnley some credit, I'd put a pretty much full strength side out, and bring Aguero, Silva and Toure off when the game is secure, hopefully half time subs for Sergio and David Silva and Toure on 70 to shut up shop, I'd even be tested to put the 2 Ferns on in the middle and rest Toure

Play both Navas and Milner in a 4-2-3-1 against Barca, although in the absence of Busquets, even the much criticised 4-4-2 might work, but still. And play against Burnley Nasri with Silva with two attackers, I would go with Bony alongside Aguero, but Dzeko would be ok as well.

Bewar3them00n said:
I'd give Burnley some credit, I'd put a pretty much full strength side out, and bring Aguero, Silva and Toure off when the game is secure, hopefully half time subs for Sergio and David Silva and Toure on 70 to shut up shop, I'd even be tested to put the 2 Ferns on in the middle and rest Toure

I agree, hopefully go 2:0 at half time we can relax a little and take the foot off the pedal, it's only Burnley so what could go wrong.

Oh hang on a minute i forgot :)

Hungarian blue said:
Play both Navas and Milner in a 4-2-3-1 against Barca, although in the absence of Busquets, even the much criticised 4-4-2 might work, but still. And play against Burnley Nasri with Silva with two attackers, I would go with Bony alongside Aguero, but Dzeko would be ok as well.

----------------------------Aguero
------------------------------Silva
Kolarov-----Dinho--Fernando---Yaya----Milner
----------Demichelis--Kompany---Zabaleta
-------------------------------Hart

Against Barca I'd park the bus and keep chipping it over the top for Aguero.

This is basically what Malaga did to them and with better players could have won buy by 4 or 5.

Silva_Spell said:
Hungarian blue said:

----------------------------Aguero
------------------------------Silva
Kolarov-----Dinho--Fernando---Yaya----Milner
----------Demichelis--Kompany---Zabaleta
-------------------------------Hart

Against Barca I'd park the bus and keep chipping it over the top for Aguero.

This is basically what Malaga did to them and with better players could have won buy by 4 or 5.
I'm sorry, but this is the idea of a crazy person. No one can seriously suggest that we switch to play 3 at the back for the first time in about 3 years, for our toughest game of the season? Mental. It looks like something off FIFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.