Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

I posted something similar last night: we've stepped up again. We can now slot a number of second choice players into the system without losing anything. When the fixtures get clogged with big games in the spring, that should propel us to trophies. Multiple trophies. We might never have a better chance of a treble or even quadruple, although we will need luck.
I'll never mention what we could win ;) but i think the correlation when we step up a gear is when we start taking more chances, that's what has happened in the last 3 games. I think our percentage has gone up and to me, it seems like the deep crosses into the box that the team were doing have been cut down too.

I'll never mention what we could win ;) but i think the correlation when we step up a gear is when we start taking more chances, that's what has happened in the last 3 games. I think our percentage has gone up and to me, it seems like the deep crosses into the box that the team were doing have been cut down too.

Yes, we've become clinical - an ongoing problem for this team, although the opposition helped. The deep crosses were down to our second string midfield IMO - we weren't playing fluently through the middle of the park, front to back, without Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne etc. Everything was coming through the wide men which made us a bit one-dimensional.

Disagree slightly. Economics to a degree, along with certain others factors. However, a large chunk of people just couldn't be arsed or would rather watch it on tv. That is the one reason no one likes to admit to but that is the case.
Well I don`t mind admitting that I can`t be arsed going to midweek cup games whether they be this competition or the CL.My biggest turn off is the bastard queues on the M56 at that time of night.
I still go to mid-week PL games.

Yes, we've become clinical - an ongoing problem for this team, although the opposition helped. The deep crosses were down to our second string midfield IMO - we weren't playing fluently through the middle of the park, front to back, without Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne etc. Everything was coming through the wide men which made us a bit one-dimensional.
Fair point, i love Bernardo but i don't think he tries that ball in between the full back and the centre back enough which has become a staple of Dave and KDB's play and allows Sane and Sterling to make those inverted runs from out to in much more. But he does other things that the other two can't do so its another string to the bow.

That Sterling-Ward Prowse own goal felt like a lucky break that we'd not had in a while and it seems to have been something of a turning point.

I think I need a couple more games against truly competitive opposition to be sure that we're back to our best, but it feels nice to win three games so well and in various different ways.

It's definitely not been a bad thing to have De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero all back in the side either.

Surely the answer to low attendance games is to close upper tiers and turn the lights off on the concourse. Sure middle section of south stand had lights off and couldn’t see whether anyone there are not

Without access to the data my guess is that season ticket holders have cancelled their League Cup scheme membership and local fans are not interested enough to make up the numbers....especially when those that might have come probably chose the FA Cup instead.

140,000 in a week is impressive.

The season ticket holders next to me were missing last night, and if you go back you'll find that City sell all the weekend games out, but struggle to sell midweek games out - strongly suggesting a seasoncard holder cause i.e. distance and convenience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.