Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 9 Jan 2019.

1. somethingelse

somethingelse

I said that about Mahrez a while back ,theres that little movement compared with how most people run, he appears to glide

2. KCblue

KCblue

Maybe for some players like Jesus, Gundogan, Danilo, etc. who don't have many of our top prospects in their positions. But why would we risk any of our top players with a 9-0 lead? Would be inexcusable if one of them picked up an injury.

I only brought up Grimshaw in particular because he's third choice and remained third choice even after our backup became injured. It's a chance to get him his first (and likely only) appearance ever for the club. I don't think there's a big enough difference between his level and Muric's that I'd be worried about surrendering a nine goal lead...

3. peace frog

peace frog

I would play a mixture of youth and the more experienced players , vinny next to garcia young full back and Delph or walker d silva and phil,you know what I mean

4. Pingu the Penguin

Pingu the Penguin

Team selection is really interesting for second leg. Didn’t negredo get injured in a dead rubber 2nd leg against West Ham? Never quite the same again

5. Trojan63

Trojan63

Couple of rags debating if Mourinho should be sacked ?

6. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Tbf Negredo at City pre-injury and Negredo in the rest of his career before City bear no resemblance to each other, probably more a case of a purple patch of form coming to an end than the injury ruining him.

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    You sure that's not footage from the North London Derby?

8. Impeccable One

Impeccable One

We don't need to make anything extra thick for the scousers, they bring that in buckets !

9. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

Far too much fight in the one wearing red for that to be the case.

aguero93:20 likes this.
  10. Neil francis

Neil francis

Back in the day I remember reaching last 8 in the cup which included all sides far and wide when other years lucky to make the last 128 such was our ability.
    Every round we wanted to be drawn away so we would play on better ground's and had a decent spread put on for us and got proper pissed.
    We finally draw a cracking team at home and thought they would struggle on our patch, best team I ever played against, battered us 8:0 and the winger ripped us a new one.
    It's now probably 30 years ago but lives in my memory as one of a story where class told and I was not ashamed, when we have a pint or two someone always brings that day up and we laugh at who was to blame - keeper mainly.
    These Burton players will be the same, great memories and a story to tell.
    They can be proud they gave it a go and for that I thank them, no bookings no stupid stuff so even in defeat they can hold their head's up and part 2 to come