Bury Blues - (MCFC OSC Branch)

Re: North Bury Supporters Club - (MCSC Branch)

Duck Club would be perfect for me but i still don't mind the trek up to greenmount.

I'm looking to get the first meet organised, if you could lend a hand for a few hours before the meet to organise the layout of the room and so on then give me a shout

Come on now, don't flatter yourself !! ha ha

ok sorry not mates but my sons lol

im sick of being alone ||||

cyberblue said:
masterwig said:
I don't think the location of this Duck Club is good. There's been loads of interest from people from Rammy, Totty etc and the Duck Club is closer to Heywood than it is to those areas.

If we're going to have a North Bury branch it should properly be in North Bury.
Wind your neck in the lad has spent hours sorting stuff out then at the last minute a new venue pops up while he apreciates it he cant drop everything just to suit you .let him get up & running then there is plenty of time to discuss venues

You what?

The Greenmount Cricket club was the consensus and as far as I can see the front-runner and venue that was consulted. This Duck Club place was a last minute suggestion. I was just giving my opinion that if it is to be a North Bury supporters club then it should meet in North Bury, ie Totty, Rammy, Greenmount the areas most people on here seem to be based. This Duck Club is practically in Heywood who already have a supporters club. I don't see the value in having another club on their doorstep.

I'm not saying they should 'drop everything' to suit me, no idea where you get that idea. But in my opinion there's plenty of support for a club in the areas I mentioned and a venue nearby would be best.

OxBlue said:
SteSteez said:
OABAAB said:
I live in Radcliffe on the border of Bury, I would be very interested in joining along with my son, please add me to your list and let me know when the first meeting is.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Bury-McFc-Supporters-Club/150779451659754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Bur ... 9451659754</a>

Add yourself ;)

Right now only 37 people have added themselves to this group, yes 37 is great but over 50 initially registered interest in this branch when the topic was first created.

I know facebook is shit but it's the easiest way right now to keep people in touch with when the first meet will be organised.

To be fair Ste there will be quite a few who do not use and don't wish to use facebook, most of the lads I go to the game with (Not Bury based) don't use facebook....

Not gonna join facebook just to join a supporters club ( you're right facebook is shit) but I will keep an eye on this thread to see when the first meeting has been arranged.

Calm down ladies... Even if you live in Bury-St-Edmunds, Greenmount Cricket Club is a nice location and is worth the visit alone, nevermind the Meets.

masterwig said:
cyberblue said:
masterwig said:
I don't think the location of this Duck Club is good. There's been loads of interest from people from Rammy, Totty etc and the Duck Club is closer to Heywood than it is to those areas.

If we're going to have a North Bury branch it should properly be in North Bury.
Wind your neck in the lad has spent hours sorting stuff out then at the last minute a new venue pops up while he apreciates it he cant drop everything just to suit you .let him get up & running then there is plenty of time to discuss venues

You what?

The Greenmount Cricket club was the consensus and as far as I can see the front-runner and venue that was consulted. This Duck Club place was a last minute suggestion. I was just giving my opinion that if it is to be a North Bury supporters club then it should meet in North Bury, ie Totty, Rammy, Greenmount the areas most people on here seem to be based. This Duck Club is practically in Heywood who already have a supporters club. I don't see the value in having another club on their doorstep.

I'm not saying they should 'drop everything' to suit me, no idea where you get that idea. But in my opinion there's plenty of support for a club in the areas I mentioned and a venue nearby would be best.
My apologiges i should have gone to spec savers i thought you said the Duck Club was a GOOD idea

Greenmount cricket club is a top place,went to a do there once,nice boozer just up the road the bull i think its called,Fat Sam used to booze in their if i'm not mistaken,didn't Phil Neville play cricket for Greenmount in his childhood,think i'll pop up for the 1st meeting

unsworthblue said:
Greenmount cricket club is a top place,went to a do there once,nice boozer just up the road the bull i think its called,Fat Sam used to booze in their if i'm not mistaken,didn't Phil Neville play cricket for Greenmount in his childhood,think i'll pop up for the 1st meeting

one of the downsides of GCC I think both the Nevilles played for them...but it has many upsides also

The Neville brothers played for Elton Fold CC not Greenmount! ~My brother played in the same team and remembers Gary was a twat even when he was a kid!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.