Bury FC.

Well they must be the unluckiest supporters in the world then as they come out shaking the buckets every 5 years after another false “revolution”

The current situation just like all the other times are not directly the bury supporters fault, but indirectly it may come from their over inflated opinion of just who they are.

The bury supporters I know, think they are a massive club when in reality they are an average division four football club, summer up by an 11,000 seater stadium when they have averaged 2k/3k for the last 40 years!

They have had these wild aspirations for so long now that they deserve to be in the championship because their spent two seasons there 20 odd years ago. Odd club.

All clubs need to live within their means and Bury continually don’t year upon year.
The wild overspending came from the previous chairman, the current one seems to have no interest in football and is certainly not a fan.

Valentines Day I believe.
Didn't a fan walk on the pitch, rip his season ticket up and sit down on the centre spot?

It certainly was Valentines day and the day after my birthday. At the time I was involved with a woman in Wiltshire of all places. Now being my birthday and Valentine's day in one weekend she decided to come up for a nice romantic "cough" time. Knowing how much City meant to me she wanted to also go to a game with me, bless her, love eh?

Anyway we eventually and reluctantly dragged ourselves out of a warm fun filled bed to go to a cold, rainy Maine Road, no change there then. The match was utterly dreadful, in fact I think it has been voted the worst match ever on some forum and I wouldn't disagree with that choice. Part way through she turned to me and said, " Why on earth do you put yourself through this every week???" She couldn't get her head around it. The guy ripping his season ticket up made her day and mine. It summed up how we all felt and was a welcome distraction from the absolute dross on the pitch. Their goalscorer supposedly being a City fan just rubbed salt in the wounds. If I remember correctly he wasn't the last that season to score against us who professed they grew up as a Blue. It always pissed me off, if it was me in that position the ball would have gone over the bar!

I seem to recall when we were struggling it was the likes of fans of Bury, Bolton and especially Stockport who couldn’t wait to see us rot and disappear into oblivion. That was despite us playing a lot of these clubs in pre season friendlies to generate funds for them. Oh dear what a shame never mind...
You’ve missed the bitterest lot, Oldham, for some reason they detest us.

Bury’s previous owner Stewart Day is a proper dubious character, he had a block of flats in Bradford amongst other property developments which had to be evacuated due to fire safety regulations as didn’t maintain them to the required standard. He’s gone bust with £27m debts. When the current owner Steve Dale took over apparently he was unaware of the scale of debt, who conducted the Due Diligence and how did the FA allow either of these characters to buy the club?

It’s a shame for Bury but unless they find a philanthropic owner they will probably start next season on minus points.

I seem to recall when we were struggling it was the likes of fans of Bury, Bolton and especially Stockport who couldn’t wait to see us rot and disappear into oblivion. That was despite us playing a lot of these clubs in pre season friendlies to generate funds for them. Oh dear what a shame never mind...
I remember fans of Bolton and Snackpot having a go but not Bury or Rochdale. I also don't remember Latics fans having a go until we moved to East Manchester around the time they were thinking about moving near Failsworth or Hollinwood.

Gave us King Colin but also gave us Bobby Owen. Think one cancels the other / Although I thought we had got a world beater when he scored a couple against WBA. Remember him missing a sitter on the line away to the bar codes.

Didn't see anyones fans running a bucket round their ground for us when we were on our knees.
Went to every game home and away when we were in div 3, that experience drained any sympathy for little struggling clubs and their six fingered fans.
A definite fvck-em from me.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.