Bury

Bury sit on land which is potentially very valuable for housing development. An asset-stripper's dream. There was talk some years back about relocating the ground, but that idea has gone very quiet, maybe even died the death. But you know, I wouldn't be surprised if the dire financial situation "forced" them into ground-sharing. God knows with whom. Accy Stanley?
Only other nearby team to ground share with has to be the one other team that they have already had a ground share with. FCUM.

The way lower league financies are going, sadly to survive at some stage the likes of Bury, Rochdale & Oldham will have to suck it up and merge to survive. What percentage of fans would accept that is another thing and it's certainly not something I'd be happy with if we found ourselves back it close to that position but with money being toploaded to the big boys & unscrupulous owners it's not going to get better for the smaller clubs.

Bury sit on land which is potentially very valuable for housing development. An asset-stripper's dream. There was talk some years back about relocating the ground, but that idea has gone very quiet, maybe even died the death. But you know, I wouldn't be surprised if the dire financial situation "forced" them into ground-sharing. God knows with whom. Accy Stanley?

Don't know how realistic it could be, but maybe Radcliffe, putting in temporary seating to increase the capacity to Football League standards? Wouldn't cost too much, and surely it would be their best option given that it's only two or three miles from Bury town centre, is in the borough and is on the Metrolink.

^Radcliffe’s ground is tidy enough for the NPL, but there’s no way it could be brought up to EFL standard. It’s hemmed in by houses on two sides and a body of water on the third. Plus it has a significant slope from end to end which probably wouldn’t fly at that level.
I know Radcliffe is very ambitious as a club and I’m sure they know themselves that the ground probably couldn’t even get them into the National Conference.

Don't know how realistic it could be, but maybe Radcliffe, putting in temporary seating to increase the capacity to Football League standards? Wouldn't cost too much, and surely it would be their best option given that it's only two or three miles from Bury town centre, is in the borough and is on the Metrolink.
It's a 20-25 minute walk from Radcliffe tram to the ground according to Google. But the walk passes loads of pubs and takeaways.
Having said that, the ground could never be brought up to league standard.
The obvious options would be Rochdale, Oldham or Salford. The first two having decent parking, local food outlets and watering holes. Or how about our CFA stadium? Maybe not!!

Only other nearby team to ground share with has to be the one other team that they have already had a ground share with. FCUM.
Would renting Bolton’s ground not help out both clubs who are in dire need?

I hadn't realised until hearing it on TV this morning that they had "closed" their stadium. Frankly, that sound ominous. Great pity for the loyal Bury fans, but I strongly suspect that the majority of FCs outside the PL are walking on eggshells. Most of them essentially rely on owners subsidising the sport as a sort of rich man's hobby. I suppose there are only so many rich people out there who are willing to do so indefinitely. and most rich people got there by being shrewd with money, not by pissing it up the wall.

Very very soft spot for the club and fans. First live football I ever went to see with my dad what seems like yesterday but is probably 58 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.